the installation of windows 2000 was blocked in LENOVO G500

windows2

I tried to install Windows 2000 in my 'lenovo G500' laptop using a USB bootable. Because the CD reader is corrupt. And yet it was prevented from installing. So I changed the mode from AHCI to compatible mode in the BIOS. all in vain

118014277_1459845067736918_8860802069177892487_n.jpg

118149887_302151541021655_6104804255154631408_n.jpg

118150047_1257624507950371_144613537096097055_n.jpg

Well, you didn't really-really expect that installing Windows from USB is possible without some (more than one) tricks?

We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to the matter and to the various possible approaches/related programs, etc.

https://msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

You probably want to try :

jaclaz

5 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Well, you didn't really-really expect that installing Windows from USB is possible without some (more than one) tricks?

We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to the matter and to the various possible approaches/related programs, etc.

https://msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

You probably want to try :

jaclaz

Yes I used WinSetupFromUSB but the same problem .on an older computer it works, but on a laptop it doesn't

Ok, but what error(s) you have?

Historically (but not necessarily in your case) issues with WinsetupFromUSB derive from either a modified source or from "queer" BIOSes (and the Insyde BIOS is notorious for making these) it may be necessary to make change to the grub4dos commands on some BIOSes.

There is still (just in case) the good ol' manual method

911cd is long tiime MIA, via Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160417164143/http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=16713

jaclaz

5 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Ok, but what error(s) you have?

Historically (but not necessarily in your case) issues with WinsetupFromUSB derive from either a modified source or from "queer" BIOSes (and the Insyde BIOS is notorious for making these) it may be necessary to make change to the grub4dos commands on some BIOSes.

There is still (just in case) the good ol' manual method

911cd is long tiime MIA, via Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160417164143/http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=16713

jaclaz

I suspect that the problem in this computer's configuration is not compatible to Windows 2000

6 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Ah well, if you say so ...

jaclaz

Can I start installing Windows 2000 on another old computer? Then, before the second step of the installation (before installing the drivers and processing the registry), I will transfer all the files from C: from the old computer to D: from the laptop. Then using the Windows 7 installation, I will format C: for my laptop without copying the files, and I make an exit. In this case, will Windows 2000 complete the installation? Note that the hard disk contains only Windows 2000 files before the end of the installation in D:

27 minutes ago, windows2 said:

Can I start installing Windows 2000 on another old computer? Then, before the second step of the installation (before installing the drivers and processing the registry), I will transfer all the files from C: from the old computer to D: from the laptop. Then using the Windows 7 installation, I will format C: for my laptop without copying the files, and I make an exit. In this case, will Windows 2000 complete the installation? Note that the hard disk contains only Windows 2000 files before the end of the installation in D:

Here are a few pieces of useful information that are related installing Windows 2000.

1. Use AHCI and integrate only the storage driver for the specific storage controller you have with nLite.

2. When integrating Intel drivers, you can only pick one PCI ID or the installer errors out saying "iastor.sys is corrupt", so choose the one that matches your storage controller. You can use Easy2Boot to check the PCI ID of your storage controller.

3. Install Windows 2000 from an optical disc whenever possible, even if that means buying blank discs.

5 hours ago, Ximonite said:

Here are a few pieces of useful information that are related installing Windows 2000.

1. Use AHCI and integrate only the storage driver for the specific storage controller you have with nLite.

2. When integrating Intel drivers, you can only pick one PCI ID or the installer errors out saying "iastor.sys is corrupt", so choose the one that matches your storage controller. You can use Easy2Boot to check the PCI ID of your storage controller.

3. Install Windows 2000 from an optical disc whenever possible, even if that means buying blank discs.

The problem is that the CD reader is corrupted. I can only install Windows via USB

Edited by windows2

2 minutes ago, windows2 said:

The problem is that the CD reader is corrupted

Can you provide more detail about what's wrong? If the CD reader itself is broken, then I would recommend buying a working one from a website like ebay.

In fact, it is not corrupted, but when it is running it causes a problem with the hard disk and the boot crashes. So I dismantled it from the PC. But I mean, does using nLite to  integrating Intel drivers succeed in installing Windows with USB?

3 hours ago, windows2 said:

Try and see.

That equates more or less (more less than more) to one of the possible usages of winnt32, i.e. using the syspart switch:

but no, it won't work, unless you dd the whole disk or however the volume information and disk signature (much more complex than the manual way already suggested to you.

jaclaz

8 hours ago, Ximonite said:

Can you provide more detail about what's wrong? If the CD reader itself is broken, then I would recommend buying a working one from a website like ebay.

I integrated Intel drivers after a long search. But to no avail. If you have drivers. Please send a link

The freezing on "Setup is starting Windows 2000" is likely not related to the installation media or to AHCI drivers. It happens with many newer BIOSes, especially InsydeH20 as well as all revisions of Apple BIOS emulation. It happens because Windows 2000 has problems detecting certain extraneous hardware like serial ports with these newer boards. Perhaps ntdetect.com can be modified to not detect serial ports/floppy drives by default on newer machines?

What happens when you press F5 and select "Standard PC" when Windows 2000 setup starts loading?