Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver won't work with Nvidia Geforce GT 650m

SamsungAsus

Hi, I am currently having issues running Windows Vista Ultimate on my Alienware m14x-r2. I have installed most of the drivers for the laptop, but the Nvidia Geforce GT 650m driver won't work when I install the Intel HD Graphics 4000. Whenever I install the Nvidia driver when the Intel driver is installed, Windows usually stops the driver when I reboot the laptop after I install the Nvidia driver. I currently need help with figuring out how to make both drivers work together.

2 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

You're having issues, because Novideo decided Optimus was a good idea.

You'll have to see if it's possible to disable Optimus, and if you can, you can install the Nvidia driver, and be done with it.

I tried checking the BIOS, so far no Optimus settings appear.

1 minute ago, SamsungAsus said:

No, not really. I checked all the menus and there are no menus for any GPUs.

You might need to ask around for a modded BIOS.

I'd lead you to Notebook Review, but I dislike how the site is run, so I suggest you try asking for a modded BIOS that disables Optimus on your laptop on Win-Raid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, asdf2345 said:

You might need to ask around for a modded BIOS.

I'd lead you to Notebook Review, but I dislike how the site is run, so I suggest you try asking for a modded BIOS that disables Optimus on your laptop on Win-Raid.

Alright, I flashed a modded BIOS on my laptop, but I tried changing multiple options in the BIOS, but Windows Vista keeps on stopping the Nvidia driver or the best I could do is disable the Nvidia graphics card. I'd prefer to use both graphics card if I can.