Streaming & Downloading Youtube Videos in 2020

loblo

Today, I repeated the try with the downloaded msvcrt 7.0.3790.4341 (BWC'S Win2000 Kernel Extension) as system file. Win ME didn't start -> messages "reinstall OS" and "msvcrt.dll file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NTClose".

Thanks for trying, you have to link NtClose to GDI32 DeleteObject as KernelEx does not work for NtClose and MSVCRT has to work in safe mode anyway. I have stated this in several topics checkout URL shortcut 3 posts above the video in this topic. BWC's wrapper set as MSVCRT. You can find the MSVCR80 8.0.31113.25 as I said https://msfn.org/board/topic/152471-kernelex-apps-compatibility-list-new/?do=findComment&comment=1180398.

Once MSVCR80.dll is located in the system folder then usually the others that you found, 75 of them outside the system folder can be deleted. I would use the highest version number in the system and delete the others to reduce HDD space. You will not have to re-install windows just correct the NTDLL >> NtClose to GDI32 >> DeleteObject it will be a great improvement you will not be regretful. It will enable more programs to run. DIVX player for example did not run with MSVCR70 set as MSVCRT as MSVCR70 has missing functions. DivxPlayer also does not work beyond KEX14.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Bottom link did not make sense

NtClose=>Kernel32:CloseHandle

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winternl/nf-winternl-ntclose

Not sure if this lets you use BWC's msvcrt as system msvcrt though and using that dll for MPC-HC or GraphStudioNext makes no difference to the crashes I reported.

Msvcr80 8.0.3xxxxx are more compatible than later versions because they don't lack the time function but using them as substitute msvcrt makes no difference either ( I didn't test as system msvcrt).

Edited by loblo

Do not use KEX stubs edit the file string manually, it is guaranteed to work. If KernelEx has already a function it its criteria then KexStubs will not work because of a conflict of having 2 x NtClose instructions. Yes Jumper and I had a discussion about it. MSVCR80 8.0.3xxxxx has more functions than the latest MSVCRT usable in WinME. There are many functions missing in a modern MCVCR80 compared to MSVCRT not just time. The modern equivalent for _fstat is _fstat64i32 and for time would be a 64to32 function. Like I said the 8.0.31113.25 and BWC's Msvcrt will get Miro video converter going and some other programs.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Added more info about KexStubs

Well, this is a topic about streaming Youtube videos in a desktop media player using 3DYD Youtube Source DirectShow filter and LAVFilersXP 0.74.1 (if one wants AV1 support).

I don't need either of these miracle msvcrt substitutes for doing so and trying them didn't help with the crashes I experience with some non-youtube urls so hoepefully  we can lay that part of the discussion to rest now.

Can you stream Youtube videos with 3DYD in MPC-HC, GraphStudioNext or other software? You haven't said so far.

Edited by loblo

Ok, it could be off-topic. "Kernel32:CloseHandle" in kexstubs didn't work, too.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:22 PM, loblo said:

1) source_filter.ax required the function CryptStringToBinaryW not present in CRYPT32.dll and not catered for by my kinda obsolete and only partially updated KernelEx. I just replaced that function with another one in the ax file using Jumper's import patcher tool and I could register the file as well as instantiating its Properties interface.

Loblo, it's a bit unclear to me. It really doesn't matter which function? I replaced CryptStringToBinaryW with CryptMsgClose. The modul warning (DW) is gone, but the error in Source_Filter.ax remains persistent.

Edited by schwups

@Loblo, I will eventually get around to trying it. I am about to test AV1 on an Intel machine and I will work through the downloader idea hopefully without problems but appreciate your efforts and support. Note I have updated a comment of mine related to your URL shortcut to KernelEx Core Updates about Riched20.

@Schwups, You can not use KEXstubs because it is already a function included in KernelEx and therefore would have 2 conflicting instructions.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

:hello:

Following the instructions I can't stream so far. I've latest Core Updates 24, the filters(source_filter.ax, LAVAudio.ax, LAVSplitter.ax, LAVVideo.ax) set to 2k, regsvr32 set to default KEX enabled. I can't register these files, if KEX for regsvr32 is disabled. I already tried LAVFilters 0.74, 0.70 and 0.66. Then what am I doing wrong? I didn't get this error in Source_Filter.ax, if I downgrade 3DYD to "youtube_source_1.10.2", but this version apparently didn't work anymore on YT here (Failed to render).

What is the error when you go to register the filters. I cannot register in a directory with spaces in it. I placed all LAV files in the system folder and used/registered from there. If you think there might be a Crypt32 problem then you can use BWC's Crypt32 which will not need KEX. EDIT I do not know if that is true I am using 5.131.2296.1 which definitely works in safe mode - no KEX required.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

I set the MediaPlayerClassic and MPC HC to Legacy Base Enhencements. 2k doesn't work. I've alll internal filters disabled and added the external LAV Filters. The Audio and Video files on HDD can be played.

MPC2.png