Streaming & Downloading Youtube Videos in 2020

loblo

What version of MSVCR80 did you try only the vs I mentioned or the very next is compatible as a MSVCRT replacement. ( versions prior to these will be OK too but they will have less functions )

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Added in brackets.

I cannot pin point it just now but if you read this it will help. https://msfn.org/board/topic/152471-kernelex-apps-compatibility-list-new/?do=findComment&comment=1180638 I have downloaded one YouTube file so far and plays good in MPC-HC at 50% but have to try more. I cannot download AV1 files the one you suggested is WEBM and I can play these and x265 @ 720 but depending on encode with 720 and x265 but most play without lag.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

It is best to only use one version of Msvcrt in your program launch that is named Msvcrt. So make sure BWC's file is only one running with your program. If you have problems then all functions of Msvcrt may not be able to be mapped in the RAM. See https://msfn.org/board/topic/173233-kernelex-45-core-updates-45201617/?do=findComment&comment=1171794 - BWC's wrapper set as MSVCRT. It is a small file and it is the one that has many instances of use in RAM and the larger linked Msvcr80 and renamed BWC's Msvcrt only have one instance per handle : -  If you want to try it then AVFORMAT-LAV-58 has to link to BWC's renamed MSVCR* directly. CRYPTUI.dll from Microsoft Windows 2000 (''NT 5.0'' 5.00.1729.1 Professional B1) is recommended by me to use as it does not require CERTCLI.dll but uses XENROLL.dll.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

E4700 @ 2.6 GHz beats AMD Opteron 152, 2949 MHz (13 x 227) so many other Intel builds may be able to play AV1 @ higher resolutions. I would like to test some more files but have to catch up to your YouTube downloader implementation.

Just checking, when you play spbtv_sample_bipbop_av1_960x540_25fps.mp4 is LAV splitter loaded as KMP does not use LAV splitter for me when playing this file. MPC-HC does load the splitter and plays like I said but I use FFDShow audio.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

3 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

I cannot pin point it just now but if you read this it will help. https://msfn.org/board/topic/152471-kernelex-apps-compatibility-list-new/?do=findComment&comment=1180638 I have downloaded one YouTube file so far and plays good in MPC-HC at 50% but have to try more. I cannot download AV1 files the one you suggested is WEBM and I can play these and x265 @ 720 but depending on encode with 720 and x265 but most play without lag.

You're confusing containers and codecs. WEBM is a container and can have almost anything in it including an AV1 encoded video stream such as with the sample file I mentioned.

What you downloaded from Youtube has either VP9 or AVC/H.264 in it considering the CPU use you report.

Example Youtube url with AV1 streams:

-f bestvideo[height<=?360][vcodec=av01]+bestaudio/best as youtube-dl argument should get you a WEBM file with a 360p AV1 video stream and an Opus audio stream.

Check it out with MediaInfo once it's downloaded to make sure of what's in it.

I did not know that AV1 would be placed in the WEBM container. Latest Opera or YouTube has prevented me from downloading from YouTube with ctrl+s now and the on-line YouTube downloader I tried will not download your latest file link. It said they did not have access. So I am stuck for a while till I find out how to download the files.

I will catch up again when I get the YouTube downloader working, it seems my only option. Or perhaps try Chrome?

Edited by Goodmaneuver

You can download from 9x using either youtube-dl or, easier, JDownloader 2 Portable (requires Java 7 at the minimum).

I just used JDownloader 2 to download the above video in mp4 format with AV1/AAC inside at 144p, 240p and 360p.

Opteron 154 CPU needed for smooth playback on desktop using only Zoom Player and LavfiltersXP 0.74.1:

144p = 15%

240p = 50%

360p =  100% not enough

Edited by loblo

How do you get it to download the lower resolutions. I tried adding the string you suggested -f bestvideo[height<=?360][vcodec=av01]+bestaudio/best at the end or do you have to tell jDownloader to convert it to other resolutions. I have the 1080p file downloaded and AV streams combined.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

That string, as I mentioned, is for youtube-dl, it's got nothing to do with JDownloader.

It's pretty easy to get to the other available formats/resolutions from the result you get in JDownloader's link grabber. I don't have have in front of me right now so I can't tell you exactly where to click but I'm sure you'll figure it out. ;)

Edited by loblo

I had the Win7 machine too busy I think to work properly. It did not show up all variants first time I checked or I was too tired. 360p plays with MPC-HC in sync but is a but stuttery so may just need a bit more processing power. It is only skipping a few frames audio does not stutter. The maximum I can clock the Opteron is to 3000MHz. Maximum clock frequency is encoded into the Opteron CPU itself AFAIK. I will take it up to 3GHz and report back. It still skips a few frames so I would say for smooth playback with an AMD CPU 3.2Ghz would be required. If encoded 21FPS it might work but 25FPS is the downloaded test video shown on this page. Intel Duo core CPUs bench about twice as good in PhotoWorxx; AES; and FPU tests except for SinJulia.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Remove unnecessary & possible inaccuracies

On 8/20/2020 at 5:10 PM, Goodmaneuver said:

I would try BWC's Msvcrt in the downloader folder or use as a system file or MSVCR80 vs 8.0.31113.25.

Where can I find this old MSVCR80? I found 75 of them on this Hard Disk here. All of them are 8.0.50xxx.xxx.

I have BWC's Msvcrt somewhere on a hard drive, I don't know where. Yesterday I downloaded BWC'S Win2000 Kernel Extension, but I'm not sure, if the msvcrt inside is the correct one.

Edited by schwups