Streaming & Downloading Youtube Videos in 2020

loblo

Now I'm running 0.5.1.117 and a Filter list opens. Seem to be a problem with LAVSplitter and LAVSplitter Source. There are red exclamation marks. I have set KernelEX to 2k. Ok I'll change the mode to Legacy Base Enhencements.

Edited by schwups

I can't insert LAV Splitter. After I had restored the Registry today, I could register it. But now there is something wrong again. I can neither register nor unregister it. There is something to fix. Maybe I should try this tomorrow on another machine. Time to go to bed. But thanks for your patience this evening.

Now you've got to insert the 3DYD source filter and make the graph connections by dragging output pins onto input pins, the splitters will get output pins only after they are connected to the source filter.

Yes, you must enter an url and then you should get two (or three if there are subtitles) output pins on the source filter. It works flawlessly for me on all youtube urls but crashes in source_filter.ax on url from any other site. Have you tried inserting 3DYD filter with an url first. If splitters are already present in the graph it might try to connect automatically to them. If it still crashes with an url when it's alone in the graph that would indicate the problem lies solely in source_filter.ax and not in interoperation  with other filters.

On a general note I've noticed today that the AV1 codec is being used on some (many?) mainstream/commercial Youtube videos and that's the format 3DYD chooses by default . It's horribly CPU intensive and maxes out my CPU with choppy playback skipping frames even at 360p so I've changed my only custom 3DYD setting from "480p" to "VP9 480p" which uses a max of 35% CPU on what I've played so far and is of better quality than AVC/H.264.

LAVFilters supports AV1 since version 0.73 and uses Dav1D which is reportedly the fastest AV1 software decoder currently in existence since version 0.74.

Hopefully Youtube will carry on using VP9 or AVC/H.264 for some time. 

Edited by loblo

AVFORMAT-LAV-58 might be particular about what version of MSVCRT is used so make sure you both have the same version in use. I have LAV 74.1 for XP working. The sample upload to GitHub spbtv_sample_bipbop_av1_960x540_25fps.mp4 is virtually a blank raster and CPU usage for me is about 80% in KMP with 3D noise reduction; post-processing; deinterlacing; video gamma adjustments and audio enhancements. With MPC-HC it has 40% CPU usage. This was the only file I found to test.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Try  Stream3_AV1_720p_3.9mbps.webm or something of smaller dimension you download from youtube.

spbtv_sample_bipbop_av1_960x540_25fps.mp4 plays fine for me too at 50% CPU in Zoom Player but there is hardly anything going on in that clip.

@schwups: I have tried LavfiltersXP 0.70.2 and they don't work for me. DirectShow tells me there is no compatible pins between the 3DYD Source Filter and LAVSplitter and when I look in LAVSplitter's Input Formats tab it's all empty. If you still can't run 0.74.1 then try older versions. I tried with official build 0.66 and it works fine to playback any youtube content that isn't AV1.

With version 0.74.1 XP I tried a bit more of the sites 3DYD officially supports and I found out I can play videos from Facebook and Liveleak but get a crash in avformat-lav-58.dll with videos from Dailymotion.

18 hours ago, loblo said:

Have you tried inserting 3DYD filter with an url first. If splitters are already present in the graph it might try to connect automatically to them. If it still crashes with an url when it's alone in the graph that would indicate the problem lies solely in source_filter.ax and not in interoperation  with other filters.

Yes, GraphStudioNext still crashes.

I downloaded 0.66, because I read you installed 0.74 over 0.66. But the test is pending.

14 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

AVFORMAT-LAV-58 might be particular about what version of MSVCRT is used so make sure you both have the same version in use.

I checked the files of 3DYD and some of LAV Filters. DependencyWalker shows only msvcr70 (7.0.9981.0).

The LAVvideo.ax does not need AVFORMAT-LAV-58 but LAVsplitter and LAVaudio does. I would try BWC's Msvcrt in the downloader folder or use as a system file or MSVCR80 vs 8.0.31113.25. If that does not work then try linking AVFORMAT-LAV-58 to a renamed BWC's Msvcrt say Msvcrz.dll. I will try YouTube when I work out how to download the files.

Edited by Goodmaneuver