Installing Windows 8.1 on new Laptop - Final

Jaguarek62

I wanted to tell everyone who is trying to accomplish the very same thing my story of trying to "use" Windows 8.1 on modern laptops. 

(I've used whiskey lake i3 laptop with mx 110 gpu from Nvidia)

Installation was very hard from the beginning. Sata drivers needed to be loaded. After i got to the desktop i was greeted to nonfunctional touchpad. In short i've got most of the drivers working (although some of them were from shady russian website). Touchpad was still in non working condition and it was not even showing in device manager and curiously enough the mx 110 was the biggest issue. Even though Nvidia says that mx 110 is compatible with Windows 8.1 it is only half true. my hardware id was different than the "compatible" one.

In short if anyone has tip for Windows 8.1 "compatible" new laptop please let me know. And to anyone who is trying this very same thing I wish good luck. It is a shame that Windows 7 got better treatment than Windows 8.1 did. and microsoft should stop forcing everyone on to their f****** windows 10.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:42 AM, Jaguarek62 said:

Installation was very hard from the beginning. Sata drivers needed to be loaded. After i got to the desktop i was greeted to nonfunctional touchpad. In short i've got most of the drivers working (although some of them were from shady russian website). Touchpad was still in non working condition and it was not even showing in device manager and curiously enough the mx 110 was the biggest issue. Even though Nvidia says that mx 110 is compatible with Windows 8.1 it is only half true. my hardware id was different than the "compatible" one.

What laptop and can you provide the HWIDs for those devices? I'll see if i can fetch the right driver (and dependencies) for them