Vista bluescreens randomly and often on 2700X

asdf2345

A crash caused by a breakpoint can typically only be handled by the developer of the code that included the breakpoint. In general, it is a bad idea to release public code with a breakpoint in it without offering support for it. Now, the file that windbg complains about is the amdgpio2.sys. If this is an unmodified file from AMD, then I would say that this particular version should not be present. Or you can just not install the driver that put that in the system.

In other words, you can't do anything if a breakpoint is what crashed the system, especially from binaries with no public symbols.

8 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

A crash caused by a breakpoint can typically only be handled by the developer of the code that included the breakpoint. In general, it is a bad idea to release public code with a breakpoint in it without offering support for it. Now, the file that windbg complains about is the amdgpio2.sys. If this is an unmodified file from AMD, then I would say that this particular version should not be present. Or you can just not install the driver that put that in the system.

In other words, you can't do anything if a breakpoint is what crashed the system, especially from binaries with no public symbols.

The GPIO was an unrelated issue, I'm talking about everything else

8 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Yet the GPIO driver caused the most recent crash in the dumps you provided.

That was a faulty AMD driver I tried installing, it's not a issue I'm worried about

I think it's a BIOS issue. I stumbled upon some old messages of me trying this in the past, but with a Ryzen 7 1700, HDD, and the same exact board, like right after I got it, and I had the exact same issues. I had assumed the 1700 was bad in some way, because of issues I had in the past with it, so I thought the Vista issues were from the CPU. (The board I used with the 1700 was what was bad) This leads me to believe it's a BIOS issue because @greenhillmaniac was able to get Vista working fine on a first gen Ryzen CPU.

I posted about a custom BIOS request on Win-Raid, but didn't think about posting about me posting that here, as this doesn't have a BIOS area, but after a chat with someone, I decided to post it here, since it's related to getting Vista on my computer.

https://www.win-raid.com/t7009f54-Request-BIOS-to-fix-issues-with-my-X-Gaming-Pro-Carbon-and-Windows-Vista.html

Just now, asdf2345 said:

Rather die than main a x86 OS

You dont need to main it , just to see if the results are the same since the x86 users have 0 issues with vista (even on Haswell+ apparently)