Jump to content
MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel


Recommended Posts


On 12/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Can somebody please try bandicam with extended kernel? for me it is working without ex kernel, but not when I have it installed.

I tried it for you, installs and records just fine with Kernel Extension.

 

Bandicam.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello , someone having extensions being disabled or switched off on chromium 86 after it's re-launch with the new kernel ? I've noticed such behaviour starting from version 82 or so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 3:29 AM, Dixel said:

Hello , someone having extensions being disabled or switched off on chromium 86 after it's re-launch with the new kernel ? I've noticed such behaviour starting from version 82 or so.

I never had extensions working on Chromium, how you did?

 

Also dotNet 4.6.2 can install even without the KernelEx if you extract the setup and run netfx_Full_x64.msi. But I didn't test any 4.6.2 apps yet, ill see to build something for that version and see later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, Octal450 said:

I never had extensions working on Chromium, how you did?

 

Also dotNet 4.6.2 can install even without the KernelEx if you extract the setup and run netfx_Full_x64.msi. But I didn't test any 4.6.2 apps yet, ill see to build something for that version and see later.

Very simple , you just need to choose the extensions which do not have locales . English only , and they will install. I assume you don't need any other languages , just  like me :D . Also , if chrome starts howling about "wrong version" , you may unpack this extension with 7zip and force the installation in the >developer mode< from the unpacked folder. The developer switch is on the top of the page.

Why do you need 4.6.2 ? It's buggy on Vista . I have had huge problems with it , despite what some others may say. If you want my advice , do not go higher than 4.5.2

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 10:30 PM, Dixel said:

Very simple , you just need to choose the extensions which do not have locales . English only , and they will install. I assume you don't need any other languages , just  like me :DAlso , if chrome starts howling about "wrong version" , you may unpack this extension with 7zip and force the installation in the >developer mode< from the unpacked folder. The developer switch is on the top of the page.

Thank you very much !!! It really helped me with installing extensions on Vista !!! Couldn't find such short and sweet explanation anywhere !

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like LibreOffice 6.x series works: didnt_realize_it.PNG?width=778&height=58

But 7.x causes a VC++ runtime error right now.

Just drop "LaunchCondition" from MSI before installing using Orca.

Edited by win32
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, Dixel said:

Hello , someone having extensions being disabled or switched off on chromium 86 after it's re-launch with the new kernel ? I've noticed such behaviour starting from version 82 or so.

Do you mean this? This happens on Opera (version 72.0.3815.400, pure x64) in my case. AdBlocker, even after enabling repeatedly, disables itself after relaunch.
https://imgur.com/a/d8KJh08

Edited by Win10-Hater
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Win10-Hater said:

Do you mean this? This happens on Opera (version 72.0.3815.400, pure x64) in my case. AdBlocker, even after enabling repeatedly, disables itself after relaunch.
https://imgur.com/a/d8KJh08

I don't have this exact issue with Opera , though I've never tried ver. 72 , and I was asking about Chromium , not Opera. And the issue with chromium is not like this at all , they are just switched OFF , not "disabled" . For example an extension with dark theme is not disabled , but switched OFF after I restart the browser , so I have to manually switch it back on with the button . This happens to you with some custom adblocker ? Then just use Chromium 81.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dixel said:

I don't have this exact issue with Opera , though I've never tried ver. 72 , and I was asking about Chromium , not Opera. And the issue with chromium is not like this at all , they are just switched OFF , not "disabled" . For example an extension with dark theme is not disabled , but switched OFF after I restart the browser , so I have to manually switch it back on with the button . This happens to you with some custom adblocker ? Then just use Chromium 81.

No, I've installed a third-party dark theme but it's still on even after a relaunch, and this is on regular Chrome 87.0.4280.88 portable, not Chromium. I'll look into this later and see if this happens on Chromium.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...