Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


WinClient5270

Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

Recommended Posts


Posted (edited)

I got the latest firefox beta to work.

unknown.png

Strangely, i couldn't get 78.0.2esr to work.

Edited by Megadeth58
uhhh adding something into the post i guess lol
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Chromium versions from 53 up to beta versions of 73 seem to be working with the extended kernel (if you replace system files). Anything above will throw a BEX64 related crash.

Edited by Megadeth58
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Megadeth58 said:

Chromium versions from 53 up to beta versions of 73 seem to be working with the extended kernel (if you replace system files). Anything above will throw a BEX64 related crash.

I can’t get any chrome higher than 52 to open. How did you achieve that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear WinClient and win32 (any everyone who participates on this project):

 

Thank you soo much for doing this project, I really appreciate your work. A few months ago I was very sad that NOBODY really appreciated Vista and that Browsing has become extremly risky. I updated it with Server 2008 patches till 04/20 to make IE9 safe at least but as you all know -> 113 HTML5 points are not enough to browse the web anymore. So thank you for this Extended Kernel, so I can use the latest Firefox on my most favourite OS. I hope you will one day be able to port Office 2013+, OneDrive, Skype, Steam and Spotify to Vista. That would be amazing 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

I hope you will one day be able to port Office 2013+, OneDrive, Skype, Steam and Spotify to Vista. That would be amazing 

steam should be easy afaik , the main reason it doesnt work is because its 32bit and uses a newer chromium framework than that is supported on vista

Edited by burd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, burd said:

steam should be easy afaik , the main reason it doesnt work is because its 32bit and uses a newer chromium framework than that is supported on vista

And with chromium 53 - 73 beta working i think we could make it work soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Megadeth58 said:

And with chromium 53 - 73 beta working i think we could make it work soon

possibly,but only after the 32bit kernel extension , steam isnt 64bit so it wont work just yet.

Edited by burd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, burd said:

possibly,but only after the 32bit kernel extension , steam isnt 64bit so it wont work just yet.

yeah, that's what i meant

Same thing as Discord, as it's 32 bit it doesn't work, though with firefox quantum and chromium working now the web discord experience's gonna be a fair tad better

Edited by Megadeth58
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Megadeth58 said:

And with chromium 53 - 73 beta working i think we could make it work soon

how did you get it working btw? doesnt work for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't me, it was my friend. He got it working by replacing system files instead of redirecting but i found this method to... break my windows installation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Megadeth58 said:

It wasn't me, it was my friend. He got it working by replacing system files instead of redirecting but i found this method to... break my windows installation

Ok .... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, burd said:

how did you get it working btw? doesnt work for me

Chrome works better than firefox actually. twitch works for example and h264 is supported.

https://pasteboard.co/JixKoef.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to get firefox 78 working with the search bar also working but youtube still doesn't work, for example.

64 seems to be the way to go at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...