Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

6 hours ago, Eddie Phizika said:

Any idea on how android emulators do with the extended kernel? i cannot use my machine to know it right now. I'm talking about something like bluestacks for light android apps.

Some time ago I used Nox (I'm sorry , I don't remember the exact version, smth like 5.x or 6.0), but it was only for a short amount of time when I was a beta tester for the older version of kernel. Later I uninstalled both 'cause it didn't allow to run a newer version of instagram. I mean Nox didn't allow , not the kernel. Bluestacks is like a virus in my opinion . Nox sucks too , but it's a lesser evil. You can find articles on how to block Nox's unwanted connections. Hope I helped you a bit.

On 6/17/2022 at 3:51 AM, D.Draker said:

Some time ago I used Nox (I'm sorry , I don't remember the exact version, smth like 5.x or 6.0), but it was only for a short amount of time when I was a beta tester for the older version of kernel. Later I uninstalled both 'cause it didn't allow to run a newer version of instagram. I mean Nox didn't allow , not the kernel. Bluestacks is like a virus in my opinion . Nox sucks too , but it's a lesser evil. You can find articles on how to block Nox's unwanted connections. Hope I helped you a bit.

Thank you, i see your efforts for vista as one of the most important here in the forum as you try as much to help people to get into it. I really dislike having to use a smartphone in any setting i can be at my PC (vista) or laptop (seven), and to leave all windows advantages in the deeper system level, win32 apps and classic windows 95-98 theme/UI (which vista and 7 still mantain as usable) for the awfulness and inconsistency of material design 2.0 in android or, god forbid, iOS. I say that as an avid user of custom ROMs and linux kernel tweaker. It is ridiculously, ridiculously inferior to Vista or 7. So i usually like to use some kind of emulator. Didn't knew about Nox. I will try to test it on my 7 laptop and uninstall bluestacks (never knew it was such an privacy backdoor)

Edited by Eddie Phizika

17 hours ago, Eddie Phizika said:

Thank you, i see your efforts for vista as one of the most important here in the forum as you try as much to help people to get into it.

Thank you, I try to do my best.

IMPORTANT for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/comments/74flks/configuring_nox_app_player_to_remove_adware/

https://www.reddit.com/r/noxappplayer/comments/i06p96/unwanted_programmes_in_the_nox_installer/

On 12/13/2021 at 8:10 PM, TSNH said:

List of Windows 7+ software that Windows Vista Extended Kernel by @win32 allows to run.

I decided to create this temporary post, because @WinClient5270hasn't been online for a long time now and his main post is now quite outdated.

Special thanks to @WinClient5270 and everyone who contributed to this list.

The programs listed are x64 if not stated otherwise

Discussion: https://msfn.org/board/topic/181612-wip-windows-vista-extended-kernel/

Installation guide: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183046-guide-vista-extended-kernel-installation/

Internet:

• Chromium 53-102 + most chromium forks Current version (no extension support)
  • Microsoft Edge 72 (chromium based)
  • Firefox 78 ESR (works well with older versions of extended kernel, mfplat recommended)
  • Firefox 91 ESR Current version (FirefoxFix=1 required, mfplat recommended)
  • Pale Moon 31.0.0 Current version https://msfn.org/board/topic/183046-guide-vista-extended-kernel-installation/?do=findComment&comment=1218827
  • Interlink Mail client (info: July 2020)
  • Thunderbird version 53 Current version
  • Telegram portable May 2022 Current version

Tools:

Hardware – specific software:

• Logitech Gaming Software 9.02
  • AMD Catalyst Control Center 15.6

Games:

• Rocket League (versions before November 2019)
  • Amnesia:Rebirth (info: January 2021)
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deltarune and Undertale (info: December 2021)

Other:

Current version - At the time of testing the aforementioned version was the latest, so newer ones are likely to work too.

Feel free to report other programs.

All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used here for identification purposes only.

roblox works (the beta app)

Untitled.jpg

On 6/19/2022 at 5:52 AM, D.Draker said:

Thanks for your suggestions mate, i will be reading them asap. Sorry for the very late reply, i've been off for some time.

Edited by Eddie Phizika

I was also able to run an older version of Spotify(32bit) and the Newer Firefox at the same time. (SysWow64's ExtendedKernel is the 2020 version.)

screenshot.5.jpg

Edited by YukkuriS

6 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Have you tried Avast 18.8 with the most recent version of extended kernel?

Yes, I am using an extended kernel on the System32 side.
I am using the February 2022 Extended Kernel on the System32 side and it is working fine.
I don't know about the June Extended Kernel because I haven't used it much, but I think it will probably work fine.

screenshot.6.jpg

On 7/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, YukkuriS said:

I was also able to run an older version of Spotify(32bit) and the Newer Firefox at the same time. (SysWow64's ExtendedKernel is the 2020 version.)

screenshot.5.jpg

Which Spotify version is this? A newer one than 1.0.26?