Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

3 hours ago, SeregaWin555 said:

I've managed portable version of Telegram and latest Nightly build of Firefox to work with extended kernel.

P.S.:

1. I'm Russian

2. Telegram Setup doesn't work

11.jpg

22.jpg

What bit are you talking about? For there are two portable versions - official and unofficial. And what's the difference - are you Russian or not, why did you even write this lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just read that OneDrive is finally available as a x64 version installer. As I dont have a Vista Extended Kernel VM up right now, can someone try it out? Maybe it works with our kernel. 

Guys i got Chrome 89 working with extended kernel Google Meet works, streaming works and everything ms edge loads also but sadly i dont get any pages loading even tho i have internet but i might try porting Edge 89 cause i just found that ms edge 79 is the version and i had the same issues with chrome 79 so if anyone has a copy of 64 bit ms edge send a link and i might try see if it works.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

8 hours ago, WinOS said:

Guys i got Chrome 89 working with extended kernel Google Meet works, streaming works and everything ms edge loads also but sadly i dont get any pages loading even tho i have internet but i might try porting Edge 89 cause i just found that ms edge 79 is the version and i had the same issues with chrome 79 so if anyone has a copy of 64 bit ms edge send a link and i might try see if it works.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

How did you get Microsoft Edge to work ?

• 1 month later...

here for those who care

lunar client (and probably badlion client too they're both pretty much the same underneath) work on vista

https://prnt.sc/13cj55m

install lunar client on a win7 vm or pc or dualboot or something, right click the shortcut icon on the desktop and click "open file location", then create a folder on windows vista and drag the contents of the folder on windows 7 to that folder and it just works

Edited by defob
i got time to test it and the extended kernel does make it work

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 7:17 AM, defob said:

here for those who care

lunar client (and probably badlion client too they're both pretty much the same underneath) work on vista

https://prnt.sc/13cj55m

install lunar client on a win7 vm or pc or dualboot or something, right click the shortcut icon on the desktop and click "open file location", then create a folder on windows vista and drag the contents of the folder on windows 7 to that folder and it just works

With Badlion, you would probably get banned from any BAC-protected servers from it finding something fishy going on.

I wouldn't recommend it.

On 6/4/2021 at 3:44 AM, thepwrtank18 said:

With Badlion, you would probably get banned from any BAC-protected servers from it finding something fishy going on.

I wouldn't recommend it.

ok??? im just saying it works, probably not very well tho

• 2 weeks later...

FF 88.0.1 is the latest version you can run for now, newer versions simply don't work

Screenshot_15.png

strangely, the latest chrome works

Edited by defob

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I remember, Win32 posted on a comment somewhere that it's possible to use this kernel extension without installing it, just with local redirection, and I think he told something about modify the registry. I'm trying to run Brave browser (chromium bassed) but it give me an error related with kernel32.dll. I put the dlls of the kernel extensions and created a blank file called brave.exe.local, but the error still persists. What I need to modify in the registry? The last question. Here you usually use the CF explorer for editing dlls, due to the lack of accessibility of that CF explorer I can't use it. How can I edit exe files or dll files the same way with Resource Hacker? I can't find there information about major or minor OS. If it's not possible, what alternatives can I find to CF explorer and?

Been messing with Windows Vista VM yesterday and got some interesting compatibility info on games. Wargaming.net Game Center is not compatible with extended kernel and crashes with "not a valid Win32 app". I took out my old launcher update server "proxy" to be able to install the game and successfully passed the TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive error. Now I need to fix my graphics card used in my Vista bench to test stuff live instead of virtual machine.

unknown.pngunknown.png

WGCheck application that is used to diagnose Wargaming's products detects the operating system version through WMI and I didn't even have to spoof that to run it.

unknown.png

Edited by SigmaTel71
WGCheck compatibility status.

I managed to run the latest version of Maxthon in Vista extended kernel and Visual studio code too. I also tried Brave and ungoogled chrome, but both give me the error status access violation.