Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

On 12/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Can somebody please try bandicam with extended kernel? for me it is working without ex kernel, but not when I have it installed.

I tried it for you, installs and records just fine with Kernel Extension.

Bandicam.JPG

On 12/24/2020 at 3:29 AM, Dixel said:

Hello , someone having extensions being disabled or switched off on chromium 86 after it's re-launch with the new kernel ? I've noticed such behaviour starting from version 82 or so.

I never had extensions working on Chromium, how you did?

Also dotNet 4.6.2 can install even without the KernelEx if you extract the setup and run netfx_Full_x64.msi. But I didn't test any 4.6.2 apps yet, ill see to build something for that version and see later.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, Octal450 said:

I never had extensions working on Chromium, how you did?

Also dotNet 4.6.2 can install even without the KernelEx if you extract the setup and run netfx_Full_x64.msi. But I didn't test any 4.6.2 apps yet, ill see to build something for that version and see later.

Very simple , you just need to choose the extensions which do not have locales . English only , and they will install. I assume you don't need any other languages , just  like me :D . Also , if chrome starts howling about "wrong version" , you may unpack this extension with 7zip and force the installation in the >developer mode< from the unpacked folder. The developer switch is on the top of the page.

Why do you need 4.6.2 ? It's buggy on Vista . I have had huge problems with it , despite what some others may say. If you want my advice , do not go higher than 4.5.2

On 12/26/2020 at 10:30 PM, Dixel said:

Very simple , you just need to choose the extensions which do not have locales . English only , and they will install. I assume you don't need any other languages , just  like me :DAlso , if chrome starts howling about "wrong version" , you may unpack this extension with 7zip and force the installation in the >developer mode< from the unpacked folder. The developer switch is on the top of the page.

Thank you very much !!! It really helped me with installing extensions on Vista !!! Couldn't find such short and sweet explanation anywhere !

Looks like LibreOffice 6.x series works: didnt_realize_it.PNG?width=778&height=58

But 7.x causes a VC++ runtime error right now.

Just drop "LaunchCondition" from MSI before installing using Orca.

Edited by win32

On 12/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, Dixel said:

Hello , someone having extensions being disabled or switched off on chromium 86 after it's re-launch with the new kernel ? I've noticed such behaviour starting from version 82 or so.

Do you mean this? This happens on Opera (version 72.0.3815.400, pure x64) in my case. AdBlocker, even after enabling repeatedly, disables itself after relaunch.
https://imgur.com/a/d8KJh08

Edited by Win10-Hater

3 hours ago, Win10-Hater said:

Do you mean this? This happens on Opera (version 72.0.3815.400, pure x64) in my case. AdBlocker, even after enabling repeatedly, disables itself after relaunch.
https://imgur.com/a/d8KJh08

I don't have this exact issue with Opera , though I've never tried ver. 72 , and I was asking about Chromium , not Opera. And the issue with chromium is not like this at all , they are just switched OFF , not "disabled" . For example an extension with dark theme is not disabled , but switched OFF after I restart the browser , so I have to manually switch it back on with the button . This happens to you with some custom adblocker ? Then just use Chromium 81.

22 minutes ago, Dixel said:

I don't have this exact issue with Opera , though I've never tried ver. 72 , and I was asking about Chromium , not Opera. And the issue with chromium is not like this at all , they are just switched OFF , not "disabled" . For example an extension with dark theme is not disabled , but switched OFF after I restart the browser , so I have to manually switch it back on with the button . This happens to you with some custom adblocker ? Then just use Chromium 81.

No, I've installed a third-party dark theme but it's still on even after a relaunch, and this is on regular Chrome 87.0.4280.88 portable, not Chromium. I'll look into this later and see if this happens on Chromium.