Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

Hmm...That's werid. Teams doesn't see any output nor input devices:

image.thumb.png.cb92e0f4da20951de5eca8750e55f9c5.png

I can't even select any of the options. I think that might be the culprit of my previous error.

Anyone know what can I do here? Chromium is working fine, but having dedicated app for it would be great for screen sharing for example.

1 hour ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Wait that’s weird. In my case teams is running just fine. I can see all my input and output devices.

What version of Team are you running? I reinstalled driver as well as re-downloaded Teams but still same thing.

Alright, even after reinstalling Vista (I installed Windows 10 alongside it), Teams still doesn't show any audio devices. That's really weird and I don't know what more I can do here. I guess I'll be using web version then.

Also, I tried getting Discord (native app) to work. Seems like there is someting about shell32 that prevents it from working:

ErrorDiscord.JPG.7bf78eac3c8dfd47034b07d933a72715.JPG

15 minutes ago, BlackOtton said:

Teams still doesn't show any audio devices. That's really weird and I don't know what more I can do here. I guess I'll be using web version then.

You're right. I'm only able to use teams when I have usb microphone attached. Anyway I updated to the newest version and now Teams no longer detect even the usb mic. if you will be using some other windows alongside Vista, Please consider 7/8.1. Don't feed Windows 10 marketshare.

9 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Discord is 32bit afaik

Ah, you're absolutely right it is 32Bit, disregard my post :D.

9 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

You're right. I'm only able to use teams when I have usb microphone attached. Anyway I updated to the newest version and now Teams no longer detect even the usb mic. if you will be using some other windows alongside Vista, Please consider 7/8.1. Don't feed Windows 10 marketshare.

Oh, so it is something to do with audio devices. Well web version doesn't work bad too. Hmm, I think I'll install 8.1 then, to get a bit newer experience.

10 hours ago, BlackOtton said:

Ah, you're absolutely right it is 32Bit, disregard my post :D.

If you really need some discord client, i recommend to use ripcord - lightweight client with some additional features. Interface heavily modified but easy to get used to

Edited by pridesnow

9 minutes ago, pridesnow said:

If you really need some discord client, i recommend to use ripcord - lightweight client with some additional features. Interface heavily modified but easy to get used to

Yeah, but I miss screensharing. Thankfully web version does offer that

5 minutes ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Yeah, but I miss screensharing.

Screensharing not will be implemented, because some codecs for this - very "heavy" and the idea of this program was precisely in lightness, just keep in touch

Edited by pridesnow

Just now, pridesnow said:

Screensharing not will be implemented, because some codecs for this - very "heavy" and the idea of this program was precisely in lightness, just keep in touch

I have nothing against it, but for my use it is far from ideal. Also I might be the only one who hates the "90's" look

3 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Doesn’t Ripcord still work on vanilla Vista? It’s still listed as ONGoing in WinClient5270’s vanilla post under Instant Messaging/Internet Communication Software.

Yeah, but it's unofficial support, because "most people don't even know what vista is"