Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

3 hours ago, docR said:

I do this even on Vista7 . But the effect is more prominent in Vista, yeah. Fonts should look similar to Chrome if not better after that. Tho if you're using Waterfox Classic with Classic Theme Restorer this option is built in via ticbox. Just restart the browser after and compare.

I don't use the extension, because I use a theme, but editing about:config in Waterfox Classic works too

Edited by asdf2345

28 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

I don't use the extension, because I use a theme, but editing about:config in Waterfox Classic works too

Well yeah the flag exists, CTR just exposes it. And you can use CTR to get more options even with a theme, you just can't use settings that conflict with the theme in question. Like movable back/forward buttons, or tab styling. DeepDark is perfect with CTR but.. No glass F

Just now, docR said:

Well yeah the flag exists, CTR just exposes it. And you can use CTR to get more options even with a theme, you just can't use settings that conflict with the theme in question. Like movable back/forward buttons, or tab styling. DeepDark is perfect with CTR but.. No glass F

I'd use DeepDark if I was able to bring Aero Glass to the theme as well. What I currently use is a modified version of the Simple White X theme that I've modded to be super compact, then used extensions to make more compact. I'd try it in Vista, but I just can't get Vista stable

ScreenShot_20200728214855.png

Arduino 1.8.13 (Latest) runs fine provided you edit the arduino-builder.exe MinorOperatingSystem and MinorSubsystemVersion in CFF Explorer otherwise code will fail to compile, other than that it installs with no problems 

2020-07-30_14-02-18.jpg

On 7/26/2020 at 6:05 PM, docR said:

Slimjet 20.0.5 based on Chromium 68 (before the UI became.. questionable) working here, as is 72-based Cent Browser 3.9.2.45. Slimjet 20.0.5's installer runs without error, while Cent needed the browser-bin contents extracted via 7zip to a local folder. I recommend disabling update checks in SJ, and deleting the updater executable from Cent's directory. Both browser versions still archived on their respective sites.

(extensions still nerfed for me due to that certificate discrepancy, would appreciate any advice to that front)

NxWTLz0.png

Edit: and here's Chromium 72 Slimjet 22.0.4.0. Installer also just works.

Fhf8oq5.png

- I wan to add that cent 3.9.2.45 supports netflix web, spotify web and discord web. Netflix needs Widevine Content Decryption Module activated and updated, you can do this typing chrome://components/ and then on Widevine Content Decryption press check for updates and thats all!
isnt the case of chromium 72 offered on the video of winclient.
im slowly returning to vista again, i just need to league of legends to work and i will wipe my win 10 partition

Edited by Faris12
more info

26 minutes ago, Faris12 said:

- I wan to add that cent 3.9.2.45 supports netflix web, spotify web and discord web. Netflix needs Widevine Content Decryption Module activated and updated, you can do this typing chrome://components/ and then on Widevine Content Decryption press check for updates and thats all!
isnt the case of chromium 72 offered on the video of winclient.
im slowly returning to vista again, i just need to league of legends to work and i will wipe my win 10 partition

That's amazing to hear! I think if I were to return to vanilla Vista today (from my tweaked 7), I'd probably use Cent 3.9.2.45 for multimedia and Wf Classic for everything else. But I can't for the life of me get extensions to install in Chromium browsers yet, not even by sideloading them with developer mode. Language Learning With Netflix extension and Skype Online are pretty much the top 2 reasons I open Chromium at all.

Firefox 79 is run the same way as 78. You unpack the installer and modify firefox.exe via CCF Explorer. Go into the import table, select ntdll.dll and change the entry RtlQueryPerformanceCounter to NtQueryInformationProcess.

With YouTube, maybe it will help:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181612-wip-windows-vista-extended-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=1184838

I haven't tried it yet.

2 hours ago, gerona12 said:

How do I run Firefox 79 on Windows Vista? Firefox 78.0.2 does not play YouTube videos .....

You have to replace system files to play YouTube videos with Firefox 78 or 79.

3 hours ago, TatsuyaSou said:

Firefox 79 is run the same way as 78. You unpack the installer and modify firefox.exe via CCF Explorer. Go into the import table, select ntdll.dll and change the entry RtlQueryPerformanceCounter to NtQueryInformationProcess.

With YouTube, maybe it will help:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181612-wip-windows-vista-extended-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=1184838

I haven't tried it yet.

How to solving?

Снимок.JPG

Vegas 15 build 384 works here. I had to copy it from a 7 install to run though, as the installer will error out despite my best effort. The exe needs to have the major/minor version changed to NT 6.0 in CFF Explorer. Licensing issues, provided you legally acquired the software, are an easy fix too. But I won't delve into that as it's probably a breech of ToS/forum rules.

. wDCRkho.png