Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

Mozilla Thunderbird (the Firefox Email client) is also working for me with the extended kernel.

I thought porting IE10 back to Vista could be my next goal. Vista‘s IE 9 has the version 9.0.8112.x 

So, doesnt that mean that this IE version is ported from Windows 8 Build 8112? Because IE11 on W7 also has the version number 11.0.9600 which means it is ported back from W8.1? I looked it up and such a build really exists but cant be downloaded anywhere. However, it may be possible to port back IE10 from Build 8250 (Consumer Preview) or?

Edited by yoltboy01

3 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

I thought porting IE10 back to Vista could be my next goal. Vista‘s IE 9 has the version 9.0.8112.x 

So, doesnt that mean that this IE version is ported from Windows 8 Build 8112? Because IE11 on W7 also has the version number 11.0.9600 which means it is ported back from W8.1? I looked it up and such a build really exists but cant be downloaded anywhere. However, it may be possible to port back IE10 from Build 8250 (Consumer Preview) or?

W7 has 11.0.9600 which obviously doesnt work on Vista , i had even tried IE10 from W8.0, not sure which version , the only IE10 Version that works is the IE10 Platform Preview 2  , IE10 8250 i'm not sure where one could find now.

3 hours ago, burd said:

W7 has 11.0.9600 which obviously doesnt work on Vista , i had even tried IE10 from W8.0, not sure which version , the only IE10 Version that works is the IE10 Platform Preview 2  , IE10 8250 i'm not sure where one could find now.

I can extract IE10 8250 from the Win8 Consumer Preview. Ive got an ISO x64

1 hour ago, yoltboy01 said:

I can extract IE10 8250 from the Win8 Consumer Preview. Ive got an ISO x64

Well then extract it and/or backport/modify it like you originally intended.

3 hours ago, THK2003 said:

Audacity 2.4.2 and Tor Browser works with the extended kernel

Audacity is a x86 application, so unless you have some x86 extensions, it works on normal Vista

8 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

Audacity is a x86 application, so unless you have some x86 extensions, it works on normal Vista

Now that you mentioned it , you're right , 64bit version doesn't exist.

I got this message when i'm trying to install an add-on on chromium :

Default locale is defined but default data couldn't be loaded.

Edited by THK2003

15 minutes ago, THK2003 said:

I got this message when i'm trying to install an add-on on chromium :

Default locale is defined but default data couldn't be loaded.

Maybe you should checkout Winclient's video , it doesn't work , you can use addons in firefox.

17 hours ago, burd said:

Maybe you should checkout Winclient's video , it doesn't work , you can use addons in firefox.

Yeah but fonts are so ugly in firefox. I use chrome on vista just because of that.

55 minutes ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Yeah but fonts are so ugly in firefox. I use chrome on vista just because of that.

Well , extensions aren't possible to use currently on chrome , so i would suggest make do with what you have. :)

6 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

Has anyone tried Vivaldi or normal Google Chrome ? If I extract Chrome 72 x64 it says Chrome stopped working, however chromium 72 works fine

Newer versions of Vivaldi and Google Chrome crashes.

7 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

I haven't tried this, but it should work

I do this even on Vista7 . But the effect is more prominent in Vista, yeah. Fonts should look similar to Chrome if not better after that. Tho if you're using Waterfox Classic with Classic Theme Restorer this option is built in via ticbox. Just restart the browser after and compare.