Windows 8.1 on new laptop

Jaguarek62

Hi,

so i've finally got to buy my new laptop. I did decided to buy Asus laptop with Intel core i3-8145U and nvidia mx110. Supposedly nvidia offered Windows 8.1 drivers and i was quite confident that i can mod the uhd driver to work with Windows 8.1. Oh boy that was a mistake. Windows 8.1 at first didn't even see any hdd during setup (i solved it by importing sata drivers) and when it finally installed touchpad didn't work. I still had my confidence that i can solve it by running SDI (snappy driver installer.) SDI installed most of the missing drivers. 3 missing drivers were left to install (UHD 620, NVIDIA MX110, SD card reader).

Nvidia installer straight up said that my os is unsupported (i don't know why they list Windows 8.1 then). uhd 620 was 4-5 hour job just to get to code 43. Anyone can help me? I'm desperate and thinking of returning the laptop :(

EDIT: I forgot to say that touchpad didn't work no matter what i did.

Edited by Jaguarek62

Asus X509FB-EJ090T

For nvidia drivers, know they have set OS version limitations in them, but did not change the text for requirements on their website. You may need to find an older version for your video controller rather than just use the newest on nvidia's website.

Asus site only shows Win10 for this model. Need HwIDs for the intel, nvidia graphics. HwID for the touchpad will say who the manufacturer is, Synaptics or Elantec. Be aware that both those companies write drivers using a compat ID, meaning their software can install to the wrong hardware.

For card reader, if it is Realtek there are usually only 2 models. I'm fairly certain they don't really have an OS version on their drivers, the drivers for Win7 work in Win10. They are either DEV_5229 or DEV_5289.

The inf of 451.67 for the MX110 still has sections for NT 6.2 and 6.3. Have you tried installing the inf through device manager?

That inf even has entries for the RTX 2000 series under NT 6.2/6.3 even though NVIDIA only lists support for 7 and 10 on their site (only 10 for mobile GPUs).