Windows Vista x64 on Skylake with Easy2Boot?

Win10-Hater

10 hours ago, GD 2W10 said:

I installed Vista by using E2B. I do not know if Vista works on SkyLake, but there are a few things you could try:

1. Install Windows Vista via Easy2Boot

2. Install Windows Vista in a Legacy VM, then deploy it with Macrium Reflect.

Did you install it on Haswell+hardware?

11 hours ago, mrjeff680 said:

I tried on my Dell Latitude E5570 and I couldn't even get to the beginning of the setup. Either I'm doing something wrong or it's not possible. Your results could be different because of the fact that you're using a slightly different laptop though.

Was this supposed to be a quote? That's exactly what I said on July 14th in this post.

4 minutes ago, Ximonite said:

Was this supposed to be a quote? That's exactly what I said on July 14th in this post.

Maybe it was something like this:

But yeah, I just noticed that spam link in that guy's quote.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:22 PM, TECHGEEK said:

Which hardware to be exact? Please specify the processor and mobo

I can't rly give you the info because idk how to do that. Also if those options I listed don't work, try installing Windows Vista with WinSetupFromUSB. Do you have a NvME hard drive?

You can also try installing Vista via diskpart, imagex, and bcdboot.

Boot a Windows 7/8/10/2008R2/2012/2016/2019 PE, and install Windows Vista with dism, imagex, and bcdboot (if you use anything later than 7 or 2008 R2, you will have to copy imagex over to 8 or 10).

Edited by GD 2W10

18 hours ago, GD 2W10 said:

I can't rly give you the info because idk how to do that. Also if those options I listed don't work, try installing Windows Vista with WinSetupFromUSB. Do you have a NvME hard drive?

You can also try installing Vista via diskpart, imagex, and bcdboot.

Boot a Windows 7/8/10/2008R2/2012/2016/2019 PE, and install Windows Vista with dism, imagex, and bcdboot (if you use anything later than 7 or 2008 R2, you will have to copy imagex over to 8 or 10).

How do you know it's Haswell+, if you don't know the CPU?

On 8/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, asdf2345 said:

How do you know it's Haswell+, if you don't know the CPU?

I was also trying to run Windows Vista, and trying to see if Windows Server 2008 would run on my SkyLake laptop, but since it's the same as Vista, and since there are no Graphics and USB drivers, then I must install Windows Server 2008 R2.

Edited by ilwalaihr