Windows Vista x64 on Skylake with Easy2Boot?

Win10-Hater

Hello all, I have been very keen on installing and using Vista Enterprise SP2 x64 on my DELL Inspiron 15 3567 laptop ( CPU: Core i3-6006U) that has Win7 installed. I have also successfully installed it on my old trusty Pentium D desktop but recently it started crashing with BSOD's, the computer shut down randomly at times and one day it abruptly shut down (maybe due to bad RAM, dunno). Since then, it refused to turn on and so I thought of doing this on this laptop. So I did some research on installing it on Haswell+ systems and saw that someone on YouTube had installed XP on a Haswell computer with Easy2Boot and Snappy Driver Installer. Now here are my questions:

1. Can someone here please let me know whether Vista can be installed the same way?

2. Someone else described a success story of installing Vista on a DELL Inspiron 15R Haswell laptop without random BSOD's or stuff like that as far as I know on the vistax64 forum ( to get this, search "windows vista on haswell" on DuckDuckGo ) . Can this be possible on Skylake?

3. I am not a noob, but am not very well experienced with advanced terminologies of some stuff. So can anyone please assist me in this? If it is not possible, then I will keep using 7 as my main OS.

Looking forward to some positive response.

Edited by TECHGEEK

i have skylake , u can use easy2boot or NTSetup (which is what i use nowadays) , idk what snappy driver installer is , but haswell+ has issues with vista x64 , a few services dont start and you might get a logon process failed to initialized at the startup

9 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

1. Can someone here please let me know whether Vista can be installed the same way?

I tried on my Dell Latitude E5570 and I couldn't even get to the beginning of the setup. Either I'm doing something wrong or it's not possible. Your results could be different because of the fact that you're using a slightly different laptop though.

I managed to get to the beginning of setup both within Windows and outside Windows but within it, this "Setup cannot configure Windows to run on this hardware" error popped up after a couple of minutes. And outside, I was stuck at the load drivers screen that always popped up sometime after the EULA appeared. Further guidance would be appreciated and if this whole thing is impossible, I'll keep using 7.

Edited by TECHGEEK
insufficient details

13 hours ago, burd said:

i have skylake , u can use easy2boot or NTSetup (which is what i use nowadays) , idk what snappy driver installer is , but haswell+ has issues with vista x64 , a few services dont start and you might get a logon process failed to initialized at the startup

what about vista sp2 x86?

2 minutes ago, burd said:

according to many people out here it works properly compared to x64 

are there logon or service failures or any such things on vista x86? and are graphics drivers available? and are there any errors during preinstallation environment like the ones I encountered?

45 minutes ago, TECHGEEK said:

are there logon or service failures or any such things on vista x86? and are graphics drivers available? 

well i dont have x86 vista , but the people that do say that it works flawlessly , graphic drivers are not available for Intel HD 520

48 minutes ago, TECHGEEK said:

and are there any errors during preinstallation environment like the ones I encountered?

probably an issue with x64 vista

24 minutes ago, burd said:

well i dont have x86 vista , but the people that do say that it works flawlessly , graphic drivers are not available for Intel HD 520

probably an issue with x64 vista

I'm really sorry to say that I excluded an important detail , which is I actually tried installing Vista first with an iso of vista business sp1 x86 and I got the errors. Any more suggestions to get it running on my laptop?

10 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

I'm really sorry to say that I excluded an important detail , which is I actually tried installing Vista first with an iso of vista business sp1 x86 and I got the errors. Any more suggestions to get it running on my laptop?

that would probably be because youre running in native UEFI , you need UEFI with CSM Mode 

1 hour ago, TECHGEEK said:

which is legacy boot mode right?

well not exactly legacy will boot it into mbr whereas UEFI will make it gpt , CSM means compatibility support module , if you dont have uefi-csm then u can use legacy

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I tried installing it again and the screen was still throwing that error at me and anyway, I got my old desktop back after sending it to a repairman and it works very well, so now I'll keep 7 on the laptop for now. Anyways, thanks for all your replies.

1 hour ago, TECHGEEK said:

Okay so I tried installing it again and the screen was still throwing that error at me and anyway, I got my old desktop back after sending it to a repairman and it works very well, so now I'll keep 7 on the laptop for now. Anyways, thanks for all your replies.

Feel free to ask , you're always welcome.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:21 AM, TECHGEEK said:

Hello all, I have been very keen on installing and using Vista Enterprise SP2 x64 on my DELL Inspiron 15 3567 laptop ( CPU: Core i3-6006U) that has Win7 installed. I have also successfully installed it on my old trusty Pentium D desktop but recently it started crashing with BSOD's, the computer shut down randomly at times and one day it abruptly shut down (maybe due to bad RAM, dunno). Since then, it refused to turn on and so I thought of doing this on this laptop. So I did some research on installing it on Haswell+ systems and saw that someone on YouTube had installed XP on a Haswell computer with Easy2Boot and Snappy Driver Installer. Now here are my questions:

2. Someone else described a success story of installing Vista on a DELL Inspiron 15R Haswell laptop without random BSOD's or stuff like that as far as I know on the vistax64 forum ( to get this, search "windows vista on haswell" on DuckDuckGo ) . Can this be possible on Skylake?

3. I am not a noob, but am not very well experienced with advanced terminologies of some stuff. So can anyone please assist me in this? If it is not possible, then I will keep using 7 as my main OS.

Looking forward to some positive response.

I installed Vista by using E2B. I do not know if Vista works on SkyLake, but there are a few things you could try:

1. Install Windows Vista via Easy2Boot

2. Install Windows Vista in a Legacy VM, then deploy it with Macrium Reflect.