Wireless stops working after installing extended kernel

NojusK

Greetings,
I'm setting up an HP nx6110 laptop and I installed Windows 2000 Professional on it, but when I installed the extended kernel, wireless stopped working as my Intel/PROSet wireless says it doesn't detect a wireless adapter...

9 hours ago, win32 said:

I've had a similar problem a few times. It was fixed by disabling/reenabling the network connection from the network connections folder.

Tried that, still nothing. Even tried reinstalling, disabling and enabling the driver in device manager, still..

Have you tried the Boingo client? I used that exclusively after installing the extended kernel.

I remember the native Intel wireless manager was quite useless to begin with (used a 3945ABG WLAN adapter) and it may have had the same issue as you, but I cannot confirm since that laptop has its own issues now.

I'd go with Boingo as well. For whatever reason...there's an issue with the Intel Wireless Manager and the only way I ever got it to work again is reinstalling it...and not restarting it, since the driver itself wasn't changed. But anytime you shut it down or restarted, you'd have to do it again. It got very irritating. Boingo works great and I'd recommend using it.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I'd go with Boingo as well. For whatever reason...there's an issue with the Intel Wireless Manager and the only way I ever got it to work again is reinstalling it...and not restarting it, since the driver itself wasn't changed. But anytime you shut it down or restarted, you'd have to do it again. It got very irritating. Boingo works great and I'd recommend using it.

I tried Boingo and yes it works, but sometimes when connecting it likes to hung up :dubbio:

Just now, Nojus2001 said:

I tried Boingo and yes it works, but sometimes when connecting it likes to hung up :dubbio:

yeah, that also happened to me a lot. :(

it's one of those things that got better over time.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:41 PM, FantasyAcquiesce said:

I recall having this issue a month or two ago. I would recall boingo would work, but would immediately disconnect if connecting to the web with a web browser. I believe I fixed this by using odyssey client instead??? I can't quite remember...

Odyssey client gives up connecting to my network at all, now about boingo is that it takes some time to connect to my network (including hung ups and time outs)

Edited by Nojus2001