We need to take Climate Change seriously

Dibya

• 3 months later...

45 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

EU is talking about forbidding of sales of cars with classic gasoline engines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/09/goodbye-gasoline-cars-eu-lawmakers-vote-to-ban-new-sales-from-2035.html

Great, they've now jumped on the "gasoline is evil" bandwagon....

Exactly what I would expect these rich out of touch lawmakers to do. If they really wanted to make a difference, maybe they would ban the sale of new cars or heavily tax driving any car. But no, they just push subsidies for certain environmental atrocities while condemning others. At the end of the day, the earth loses either way.

Personally, I'd rather see gas stay at $5 per gallon than a complete ban on gas vehicles. For them, it's about having their cake (pretending to make a difference) and eating it too (enjoying the benefits of car culture)...

10 hours ago, UCyborg said:

EU is talking about forbidding of sales of cars with classic gasoline engines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/09/goodbye-gasoline-cars-eu-lawmakers-vote-to-ban-new-sales-from-2035.html

Very good for those who are tired to inhale gas fumes and/or have allergies. I hope it will be done soon , not like always they just promise and do nothing later.

And good for the animals and plants.

FU-5XBnWUAIyLht?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by D.Draker
animals and plants

7 hours ago, InterLinked said:

heavily tax

It's always easier to tax your own peasants than to deal with the real source of evil. So why not ? Not seeing anyone protesting . Goes like this . Tighten the screws , wait for the new generation to adjust to the worsened conditions while polluting their brain with propaganda , tighten the screws again and so on ... and so on. 

It's also easier to import cheap labour from undeveloped countries who'd enjoy anything . Pretty sure 99% would agree to work for 100 Euro in contrast to a slow death in gulags. 

And we need to eat propaganda about "tolerance" and whatnot. 

Edited by D.Draker
replaced commie with undeveloped because it irritates NotHereToPlayGames . Why ? Could only guess ...

18 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Not seeing anyone protesting

Would seem "low IQ" to protest, in my opinion!

I am speaking as a US Citizen - we are spoiled ROTTEN BRATS when it comes to gasoline prices!  maybe we SHOULD be taking it on the chin!

You have to look at the "whole picture".

Finland, Denmark, Norway, and Hong Kong are all well over $10 (US Dollars) per gallon.

The US has the HIGHEST AVERAGE ANNUAL WAGE  --  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

So if you ask me, we are NOT paying "our fair share" - because we are spoiled rotten brats that cry the loudest so the "global burden" gets shifted to Canada, Iceland, Netherlands, Germany, France, Brazil, et cetera.

The US pays a teeny tiny 1.0% of monthly income on gasoline yet "we" are the ones that cry and whine and start FALSE AND FICTITIOUS "price gouging" PROPAGANDA bullcr#p in the media and by "politicians" in the guise of "buying votes".

https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-finance/shopping/cars/604410/gas-prices-around-the-world

But I digress...

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Expensive gas -> expensive everything else

A big downvote from me! :thumbdown

That's kind of the point... stop the real killer of the planet and cause of climate change... rampant consumerism, waste, and excess.

Throwing a wrench in the economy is an easy way to reduce environmental impact quickly.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, InterLinked said:

That's kind of the point... stop the real killer of the planet and cause of climate change... rampant consumerism, waste, and excess.

Agreed!

I see "consumerism" and "insurance" as very closely related, though not in a way that most people think.

For "insurance", HIGH RISK clients pay a HIGHER PREMIUM - as they should!  Smokers should pay more than non-smokers.  Reckless drivers should pay more than safe drivers.

For me, "consumerism" should be no different - the more you CONSUME, the MORE YOU SHOULD PAY.

I'm no global economist, but I always felt that we should "tax" CONSUMPTION, *not* INCOME.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

On 6/13/2022 at 9:23 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

:thumbdown

Wait , what ? Are you now irritated because I edited out something that could irritate you in the first place ? lol

Well, then please make a list of all things that could potentially irritate you, so I'd avoid them in the future.

15 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Perhaps drowning in waste is the endgame of capitalism.

Where do you see any signs of capitalism in the World ? It's gone.

The Pentagon is hiring a new Director for Diversity Equity and Inclusion.

Apply within the next two weeks. Salary range $163,333-$203,700 per year. https://usajobs.gov/job/657467500

"Diversity, Equity and Inclusion". Plain old communism in a new pink cover, in normal words.

That instead of showing *them* who's the *boss* . And then you all wonder about the gas prices.

You'll pay as much as that dictator of the well known insane tribe (that sits their arse on oil) wants you to pay since *it seems*

there's no one to perform a "special operation" to show *them* their place. 

So your choices are pretty limited . On the other hand, you could join the Western Europe in their attempt to use electric cars , but I honestly don't beleive it's happening soon .

The oil lobby is still too strong . On the other hand, there are some countries already , that have plenty of electric cars and charging stations, like Denmark and Holland.

Kinda start to like the "special operation" crap term, lol.  Very convenient not to use real terms ...