We need to take Climate Change seriously

Dibya

22 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Oh, and one of the funnest parts of driving a MANUAL?

You know those types of people that TAILGATE folks - what does the person in FRONT do to tell them to back off?  They tap the brake pedal.

In a MANUAL you downshift and the TAILGATER nearly craps their pants, "Holy S#!t, that car is slowing down without a brake light!"

As far as rolling backward on a hill, my '61 has this technology  --  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill-holder

It existed in the LATE THIRTIES.

I drive on manual , nothing out of the ordinary , the car is at my profile. And it has this tech. 

EDIT : But I'm going to replace the car (or add another?) with Opel Olympia 1938 4-door sedan and I guess I need to check if it has too, so thanks for the warning.

Edited by Dixel

11 hours ago, Dixel said:

Still , everyone is completely silent about the main polluters ! The countries were mentioned in my prev. comment.

First time I read this I skipped over few of first comments on first page. I agree with that I am aware of those but feels as important to make consumertards realise they are doing it wrong by buying cheap stuff made on those polluter countries that is on bin all the time.

Why it is Finland fault and our job to drop whole planet emissions to make our life actually hell. We have recycling and even got standardised bottle recycling, traditional Finnish culture outside hippy consumertards is to use stuff until it fails and then try repair it, average car engine size here is 2.5l max unless van pickup or muscle car, we make houses energy efficent, we use wood and peat for heating that are renewable unlike they say. There has been even research to use waste from farms or other waste to produce energy but no since it is better to be hysteric and riot and like bunch of kids.

Does asian or eastern countries or other actual polluters have recycling system? No. Do they have renewable energy? No lot of non renewable sources like coal and nuclear power (didn't fukushima or chernobyl taught anything?). How much do they consoom brand new stuff. As far as I know on china iPhone is popular because Apple got CCP approval by giving them access to data centres on china. And iPhones are pretty much worst waste and pollution producer since anti repair practises.

So yeah I understand why it is my fault now by trying extend equipment lifespan, recycling, not buying useless things and those so called polluters are innocent.

Ok that went into sarcasm, but you get the point. Why we who produce almost none pollution or emisisons need to to make our life into hell? We need heating, we need reliable vehicles during winter and we need power backup other than batteries in case bigger grid failure. We cannot cut those totally.

I blame social media for this since that seems where most of this happens. Go and look FBIbook or twatter for topics about it without account (disclaimer I wont be responsible for lost braincells for reading them) I guess some enjoy hysteria no matter what

11 hours ago, Dixel said:

I drive on manual , nothing out of the ordinary , the car is at my profile. And it has this tech. 

EDIT : But I'm going to replace the car (or add another?) with Opel Olympia 1938 4-door sedan and I guess I need to check if it has too, so thanks for the warning.

what car you currently got? You seem to like even older vehicles than I do:thumbup. For me it something nice like saab 900 from 1980s with power steering and heated interior and other luxuries is more prerable.

Opel Olympia was back when Opels were designed and made by Opel themself. Later GM gave same car that was rebadged under many brands like saturn, holden, vauxhall, chervolet subaru etc. That thing seems to have 1.5l engine. How does it perform? I have no experience from that old cars at all.

15 hours ago, Dixel said:

Still , everyone is completely silent about the main polluters ! The countries were mentioned in my prev. comment.

It does vex me a lot when climate activists go after Western countries and yet are utterly silent elsewhere. A month before Greta Thunberg went to the and said "'Build Back Better,' blah blah blah," China made plans to build 43 new coal-burning power plants.

I'd really like to see more work on thorium reactors. There is a lot of good to say about that technology, the only real drawbacks being cost to develop the infrastructure. Not to mention the taboo over nuclear power in general, even though compared to traditional nuke plants thorium reactors would be much safer. California last year and Texas this year both demonstrated how reliance on just solar and wind energy can and will come back to haunt such societies. And while having batteries to store energy generated by solar and wind would definitely help when there's disruptions or unexpected demand, I still think you're going to need a source of stable energy to bootstrap everything.

9 hours ago, TrevMUN said:

It does vex me a lot when climate activists go after Western countries and yet are utterly silent elsewhere.

Because in the commie contries they would be [insert any flight of your imagination here]. I would say , at least , get arrested and sent to labour camps . I'm pretty sure they know this already , but will never admit it !

The whole West , [not only Europe] needs not to depend on commies for the energy. Most inportant , not to support them by purchasing resources.

P.S.

Really liked your reply , not only this part ! 

13 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

what car you currently got? You seem to like even older vehicles than I do:thumbup. For me it something nice like saab 900 from 1980s with power steering and heated interior and other luxuries is more prerable.

Opel Olympia was back when Opels were designed and made by Opel themself. Later GM gave same car that was rebadged under many brands like saturn, holden, vauxhall, chervolet subaru etc. That thing seems to have 1.5l engine. How does it perform? I have no experience from that old cars at all.

Mu current is Volkswagen Beetle with that nasty bluish colour , which can be seen as the background at my profile near my house . That stupid flowers aren't mine, it's my neighbour's. I bought it this way (with that awful colour). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle

I'm pretty tall , about 188cm. So this car is not comfortable for me . The goal is :

Olympia - produced by the German Opel. Years of manufacturing from 1935 to 1937 (earlier 1.5L versions , different body , which I don't want), then with the newer body and engine from 1938 - 1940 and from 1947 to 1953. The car was first introduced in February 1935, and in that same year, was launched in the series. It was named "Olympia" to honour the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin. I think you're right . most are 1.5L , but the 4 door sedan is more like 1.8L , that's what I'm looking for. Like this one. It has a higher roof than my current car , so it would definitely be more convenient for my height. https://www.model-making.eu/zdjecia/9/6/4/3025_1-auto_downl.jpg

43 minutes ago, Dixel said:

I'm pretty tall , about 188cm. So this car is not comfortable for me . The goal is :

welcome to near 2 meter tall guy with almost nothing being comfortable to drive club :hello:.

I have same issue with cars. I guess today average height of person of lower so cars got less room. I have stuffed myself into Honda accord and VW jetta backseat (both are small cars already) and was worst experience ever. Second issue is to find clothes that fits. All XL clothes are meant to fat person not tall person mostly.

46 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Olympia - produced by the German Opel. Years of manufacturing from 1935 to 1937 (earlier 1.5L versions , different body , which I don't want), then with the newer body and engine from 1938 - 1940 and from 1947 to 1953. The car was first introduced in February 1935, and in that same year, was launched in the series. It was named "Olympia" to honour the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin. I think you're right . most are 1.5L , but the 4 door sedan is more like 1.8L , that's what I'm looking for. Like this one. It has a higher roof than my current car , so it would definitely be more convenient for my height. https://www.model-making.eu/zdjecia/9/6/4/3025_1-auto_downl.jpg

That seems like nice car. How reliable engines were on those?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

That seems like a nice car. How reliable engines were on those?

Well , thank you ! I had one of these in the past , they are fine for cold weather (I do not mean - 40 , of course!) , but I was foolish enough to sell it . Anyways , it was a 2 door variant which I do not like. And these engines are definitely on the green side !  I think 1.5 - 1.8L is quite enough for a city. Less pollution.

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

Well , thank you ! I had one of these in the past , they are fine for cold weather (I do not mean - 40 , of course!) , but I was foolish enough to sell it . Anyways , it was a 2 door variant which I do not like. And these engines are definitely on the green side !  I think 1.5 - 1.8L is quite enough for a city. Less pollution.

for me 1.8l DOCH engine feels like bare minium since I will use highway a lot. SOCH is fine if got Variable Valve Timing, but 99% town driving you wont need any of those

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

What about the new speech by Prince Charles  , any reactions ? 

"Prince Charles calls for 'war-like footing' in speech at pivotal COP26 climate change summit"

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/01/prince-charles-calls-for-war-like-footing-in-speech-at-cop26.html

yeah all we now needed was more rapidly pushed nosense. How we get needed energy without using wood or peat? Nuclear power or should I say nucdirty power? Sure that is 100% safe and not like soviet or japan taught us how safe it is and definitely did not lead to disasters.

Why we have to cut our energy independence to "save climate"?

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

Without nuclear power, all governments can do is push around financial instruments like carbon credits and make Tesla rich. Unfortunately, I didn't hear any plans at the COP in this area. The 100B allocated to Africa could go a long way. If solar power was to dominate, our current situation of cheap electricity at night and Winter when the sun doesn't shine will be reversed. Do hydro dams even work at -20°C like last year? I didn't take the opportunity to walk and take a look. In order to entice people to switch to electricity they need to offer a juicy "carrot" of affordable price. Recently the price of power has dropped again because there is need for district heating and we are using coal and Putin's gas.

It was indeed all Blah Blah Blah.

Edited by j7n

• 2 weeks later...

The one that is P!&&!NG ME O## lately is how this "president" keeps turning to oil-producing countries and asks "them" to 'drill, drill, drill".

I get so d@mn tired of hearing "paycheck to paycheck" types of folks complain about gas prices!

Now this "president" is requesting an investigation into "gas price gouging" - this is nothing but a political tactic to make "paycheck to paycheck" folks think the "president" is looking out for them!

Bush attempted to blame gas price gouging in 2006  --  FAILED, no price gouging existed!  Just a political tactic to pander to low-income folks that have no clue about supply-and-demand and no clue about global commodity pricing.

Obama attempted to blame gas price gouging in 2011  --  FAILED, no price gouging existed!  Just a political tactic to pander to low-income folks that have no clue about supply-and-demand and no clue about global commodity pricing.

Trump attempted to blame gas price gouging in 2018  --  FAILED, no price gouging existed!  Just a political tactic to pander to low-income folks that have no clue about supply-and-demand and no clue about global commodity pricing.

Biden is repeating history and thinks he can blame gas price gouging  --  it's going to be a FAILURE.  Price Gouging Does Not Exist!  Not to cast a "blanket statement".  But just like the first THREE TIMES, no "gouging" exists!

Companies are not philanthropists!  A reasonable profit margin is not "gouging"!  PERIOD!  NONE of these "investigations" found any "gouging".

Just a bunch of d@mn political posturing "at the expense" of the poverty class that "can't afford" insurance on the car anyway and are driving illegally by not carrying insurance but then turn around and b!atch and wh!ne about gas prices!

• 3 weeks later...

"SPECIAL REPORT: To build electric cars, manufacturers need to mine nickel. 

To dig up more nickel, a mining company plans to bulldoze a section of pristine rainforest.

The “ethical dilemma” of when promising tech results in environmental harm:" 

https://www.nbcnews.com/specials/rise-of-electric-cars-endangers-last-frontier-philippines/index.html

tags : musk , dems , california , hypocrisy in everything .

Hypocrisy in everything.jpg

14 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

"SPECIAL REPORT: To build electric cars, manufacturers need to mine nickel. 

To dig up more nickel, a mining company plans to bulldoze a section of pristine rainforest.

The “ethical dilemma” of when promising tech results in environmental harm:" 

https://www.nbcnews.com/specials/rise-of-electric-cars-endangers-last-frontier-philippines/index.html

tags : musk , dems , california , hypocrisy in everything .

Hypocrisy in everything.jpg

Yup, this is why real environmentalists don't support electric cars: https://www.protectthackerpass.org/update-from-peehee-muhuh-thacker-pass/

"Green" technologies are not "good" for the environment. The earth does not "want" electric cars. Nor does it want dams or solar panels. One destructive technology to the next is not "green".