AeroGlass Cant Hook

image.png.32433206ec29630167a626812efd0f29.pngIm on windows 10 ltsc 2019 and AeroGlass will not hook my version even though I am in the supported version range as I am currently running 1809 so I am not sure what the issue is or if anyone can help as I was going to donate to get rid of the watermark

13 minutes ago, djmagnifique said:

You need to donate to get a licence key that you put in the Aero Glass folder so that it can download the extra info it needs.  That will fix this and get rid of the watermark.

Alright thanks. I was testing the waters with the virtual machine to see if aeroglass and other stuff would work on the ltsb i will be installing.

thanks so much for the info :)

Hey. I got the donation key in my aeroglass folder but I still get the same issue. this is my os build as I am using windows 10 ltsc

image.png.2226629e2ff4262429ff94c98d748023.png

This is the debug file. I am new to this so can you guide me how to fix this and get aero glass to work? :)debug.log

20 hours ago, drethan03 said:

This is the debug file. I am new to this so can you guide me how to fix this and get aero glass to work? :)debug.log

Have just read the read this. When will the files automatically download now that I have donated

9 hours ago, djmagnifique said:

You need to donate to get a licence key that you put in the Aero Glass folder so that it can download the extra info it needs.  That will fix this and get rid of the watermark.

Long-time lurker, but had to register an account for this since you couldn't actually read his post.
His problem isn't the watermark, it's making aerohost.exe hook onto his DWM.
Here, OP, follow these steps:
1) Download PDB Downloader found here and run it (it's quite lightweight, 116 KB in size)
2) Hit "Open File(s)" and navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\" (remember to change your drive letter if you have Windows installed elsewhere)
3) Control-click to select two separate files: "dwmcore.dll" and "uDWM.dll", then hit "Open" (you can save some time here by just copy-pasting ["dwmcore.dll" "uDWM.dll"] into the file name text box, without the brackets)
4) Click "Saving to: c:\symbols" and navigate to your Aeroglass folder, wherever you have it installed.
5) If you haven't already, create a new folder (ctrl-shift-N) in your AeroGlass folder and name it "symbols", dunno if it's case sensitive but it'd probably be best to leave it lowercase.
6) Hit "Start". Shouldn't take more than a couple moments, if that.
7) Hit "Retry" on the error window you were dealing with earlier. If you'd already exited it, reboot your system.

EDIT: If there was anything inside the symbols folder inside your AeorGlass folder, go ahead and delete whatever's inside. After this process is over, you should be left with two folders (not DLLs): dwmcore.pdb and uDWM.pdb inside your symbols folder.

Do note, however, that this method does NOT work for 1909. You're on 1809, so you should be good, but be warned that if you decide to update windows you'll be stuck like the rest of us on this forum until BigMuscle pushes an update (if he ever does, that is).

Edited by Khanjar

6 hours ago, Khanjar said:

Long-time lurker, but had to register an account for this since you couldn't actually read his post.
1) Download PDB Downloader found here and run it (it's quite lightweight, 116 KB in size)
2) Hit "Open File(s)" and navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\" (remember to change your drive letter if you have Windows installed elsewhere)
3) Control-click to select two separate files: "dwmcore.dll" and "uDWM.dll", then hit "Open" (you can save some time here by just copy-pasting ["dwmcore.dll" "uDWM.dll"] into the file name text box, without the brackets)
4) Click "Saving to: c:\symbols" and navigate to your Aeroglass folder, wherever you have it installed.
5) If you haven't already, create a new folder (ctrl-shift-N) in your AeroGlass folder and name it "symbols", dunno if it's case sensitive but it'd probably be best to leave it lowercase.
7) Hit "Retry" on the error window you were dealing with earlier. If you'd already exited it, reboot your system.

EDIT: If there was anything inside the symbols folder inside your AeorGlass folder, go ahead and delete whatever's inside. After this process is over, you should be left with two folders (not DLLs): dwmcore.pdb and uDWM.pdb inside your symbols folder.

Do note, however, that this method does NOT work for 1909. You're on 1809, so you should be good, but be warned that if you decide to update windows you'll be stuck like the rest of us on this forum until BigMuscle pushes an update (if he ever does, that is).

Just done it and it works brilliantly! Thank you so much buddy I was losing hope lol

17 hours ago, Khanjar said:

Have to say that I have never needed to do this as the symbols have always downloaded fine for me over the last couple of years.

It seems they didn't download automatically despite having valid donation.key. Maybe enabling verbose logging (registry setting mentioned in the guide) would display the error in debug.log. Did any console window show up the first time Aero Glass was started after donation.key was put in place? It should popup whenever symbol downloading is triggered and report an error in case it didn't work for some reason.

Since you already have the symbols, you'd have to delete or rename symbols folder in Aero Glass folder and log off and back on to be able to test automatic symbol downloading.