Warm Greetings from Switzerland

NT 6.0

Hello everyone! :hello:

Hereby I would like to introduce myself to you all. After browsing through this forum for quite a while now, I have decided to create an account and fully benefit from a membership status. As you might suspect, here in Switzerland we have many great goods. Chocolate, cheese, that kind of stuff. But what we do not have is a community for older Windows Operating Systems. It should be noted that Windows 10 surpassed Windows 7 as the most popular OS back in 2016 (!) here. I never understood why people had the urge to upgrade so quickly. So me, back then being a Windows Vista user, was out of luck. It would be a challenge to find anyone using that OS, let alone a proper, warm and friendly environement like this one! I have always loved Vista, for me the peek in Windows history. It saddens me that many overlook the fact, that Windows Vista was groundbreaking. It introduced us to a new era..but eventually it was 7 that got the reputation that Vista deserved in the first place. That is why I am here. Because this is the community I was looking for, a community that respects us Vista lovers :worship:. Note: People tend to say that my writing comes off as "cold-hearted" and "arrogant". That is not the impression I intend to leave! I fear the reason for that is simply that English is not my first language..I appologize for such issues beforehand. :D I am looking forward to the future and wish you well. It is important to stay safe, especially during such frightening times. Thank you for reading!

NT 6.0

Welcome to MSFN! :hello:

2 hours ago, NT 6.0 said:

It would be a challenge to find anyone using that OS

Yeah, even back when it was the newest MS OS. I heard all kinds of things about it back then, but I only saw one PC running it during that period, which was promptly upgraded to a pirated W7. And it wasn't mine (I had XP with 1 GB of RAM). I actually started using Vista eight years after I first used Windows 7. And now most people I know have stopped using W7 as well.

8 hours ago, win32 said:

Welcome to MSFN! :hello:

Yeah, even back when it was the newest MS OS. I heard all kinds of things about it back then, but I only saw one PC running it during that period, which was promptly upgraded to a pirated W7. And it wasn't mine (I had XP with 1 GB of RAM). I actually started using Vista eight years after I first used Windows 7. And now most people I know have stopped using W7 as well.

Thank you! Yes, you are right; there weren't that many to begin with. At least I knew a few persons who either bought a new PC or upgraded to Vista. A friend of mine brought her laptop with Vista on it, ever since then I loved it. I don't think she had a very expensive model, yet even Aero seemed to work just fine. Sadly, my Vista-PC died and I had to buy a new one two years ago..Windows 10 of course. I modified it with various programs to make it look more like Vista..but it's just not the same thing. I've had the craty idea of installing it on this computer, an idea I cannot get out of my head. Since I have a separate laptop for work-related stuff (They REQUIRE Windows 10) it would not be an issue to use it for personal use. Most of the programs that I use are compatible. The issue: It has a Kaby Lake CPU..not good. I will try it somrhow for sure..just unsure where to begin.

Hi! You also had these two:

Boris Blank is a musical god, heh. Literally the Swiss version of Kraftwerk and just as important to electronic music imo :P

Your writing style is actually quite bouncy and fun from what i have seen! I'm really uncertain how that's been the case... >.<

Have fun, don't hit the pace car on licence IA-15 (if you get what I mean!), and oh - Vista is my favourite OS too, I had it at SP1's release :D 

Edited by CosmoDreamy