Integrating SATA Driver in Windows 2000 - Need Help

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 2000 fresh with an SATA driver. I obtained one of BWC's drivers and found NLite did not appear to accept the driver? I tried extracting the .cab file and using both single driver and multiple driver folder, but neither appear to be effective. I need a bit of help with SATA drivers on Windows 2000. Should I use the universal ATA driver, BWC's, or Fernando's?

Thank you for your time!

On 6/24/2020 at 1:04 PM, FantasyAcquiesce said:

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 2000 fresh with an SATA driver. I obtained one of BWC's drivers and found NLite did not appear to accept the driver? I tried extracting the .cab file and using both single driver and multiple driver folder, but neither appear to be effective. I need a bit of help with SATA drivers on Windows 2000. Should I use the universal ATA driver, BWC's, or Fernando's?

Thank you for your time!

i used nlite 1.4.9.3 to do the slipstreaming process. unfortunately i do not have the reference package to check which exact version i used for BWC's drivers. but it was the latest one for amd ( for SB600-800 chipsets, and the h series one ), and also the latest for intel, which i think was last modified in 2018. make sure to also select bootable iso in nlite if you haven't done so. i believe i always used the "multiple driver" option and textmode drivers. make sure to only select the x86 drivers and do not include any x64 drivers as it will corrupt the image / will give you errors in installation. i'm not familiar with the .cab part you mentioned? the universal ATA MIGHT work, despite other people saying it doesn't support ahci / sata / raid or w.e, however, i never integrated that into the package because i thought it would conflict with the intel and amd drivers and / or would be buggy?. so really, it would only make sense to use it in substitute for the amd and intel drivers provided by elsewhere ( BWC / fernando's version(s), etc ). i just used BWC's intel and amd packages because i assumed that it should support all devices anyways. 

4 hours ago, cov3rt said:

i used nlite 1.4.9.3 to do the slipstreaming process. unfortunately i do not have the reference package to check which exact version i used for BWC's drivers. but it was the latest one for amd ( for SB600-800 chipsets, and the h series one ), and also the latest for intel, which i think was last modified in 2018. make sure to also select bootable iso in nlite if you haven't done so. i believe i always used the "multiple driver" option and textmode drivers. make sure to only select the x86 drivers and do not include any x64 drivers as it will corrupt the image / will give you errors in installation. i'm not familiar with the .cab part you mentioned? the universal ATA MIGHT work, despite other people saying it doesn't support ahci / sata / raid or w.e, however, i never integrated that into the package because i thought it would conflict with the intel and amd drivers and / or would be buggy?. so really, it would only make sense to use it in substitute for the amd and intel drivers provided by elsewhere ( BWC / fernando's version(s), etc ). i just used BWC's intel and amd packages because i assumed that it should support all devices anyways. 

What do I exactly need to do with BWC's drivers? I extracted the .cab and tried to integrate with nlite, but the inf file does not appear to work once the file is created?

Is there any bootable usb creator you could recommend as well? Rufus, WinUSBtoBoot, and ISO to USB aren't working for me. I used to just burn CD's and install that way, but my main PC's CD drive is broken.

3 hours ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

What do I exactly need to do with BWC's drivers? I extracted the .cab and tried to integrate with nlite, but the inf file does not appear to work once the file is created?

Is there any bootable usb creator you could recommend as well? Rufus, WinUSBtoBoot, and ISO to USB aren't working for me. I used to just burn CD's and install that way, but my main PC's CD drive is broken.

i've only used windows 7 or windows 10's default burning feature for discs ( using the mastered burn option to allow working on most computers ). if you're trying to burn the iso image onto usb, i'm not sure if i can help you with that ( i'll look into it though and may provide a solution in a bit ). as far as the other stuff goes, i put a download link of the specific driver package for intel ahci / raid drivers below that i slipstreamed with:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190502225349/http://w2k.flxsrv.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=iata76_cd2kh.cab

all you need really is the driver files found in the iata76_cd2kh/winall/driver folder. select multiple driver folder / textmode drivers options, as well as bootable iso. for amd, i believe i used the driver found in the link below, make sure to use same method and do not include any x64 drivers -

https://web.archive.org/web/20190503144058/http://w2k.flxsrv.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=ati1208raid2k.cab

also, i uploaded the updated USB.IN_ file that MIGHT allow correct installation of usb on certain newer systems, up to intel 2nd / 3rd generation intel might work. USB.IN_

Edited by cov3rt

to create a usb bootable windows 2000 sp4 image. the method below may or may not work, and if it does, the installation part may still have issues, but this is what i wrote below for myself to do it, ( some things may not be correct, so you may have to do some tinkering of your own, as i have not tested this method for a very long time, and it was only for regular windows 2000 sp4 iso, not modified / nlite ones ), also you'll need to have already made a updated windows 2000 sp4 image using the above fixes i mentioned in my previous post FIRST, then go along with the instructions below:

youtube video instructions-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJ_xzJMTcQ

website to download the usb tool-

http://www.winsetupfromusb.com/downloads/

steps in text:

-have windows 2000 sp4 iso downloaded
-open up the winsetupfromusb tool, version 1.8 works with filename of "WinSetupFromUSB-1-8.exe"
-click rmprepusb for the usb device selected
-check the xp/bartpe bootable ntldr option, ( works for windows 2000, even though windows 2000 is not listed
in this section ), check NTFS for faster burning / etc, check boot as hdd ( c: 2ptns )
-then click prepare drive and then ok, then ok for erase all data
-then extract the windows 2000 sp4 iso into another folder
-copy the folder of the extracted files of the windows 2000 sp4 iso into the add to usb disk section 
for windows 2000
-then click i accept for the pop up window, then check QEMU, then click go
-then it should give a job done window, click ok and safely eject usb and you are ready to install 2k from usb

Edited by cov3rt

If you need to slipstream Intel SATA drivers, I would recommend BWC's Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9 and in my experience, it works better. It's available on Windows Legacy Update. Extended Core also needs to be slipstreamed. One of the reasons I made this is so I can slipstream the newer Intel SATA drivers.

Edited by Ximonite