Windows 7 Service Pack 2...

Michaelcr79

Is there any possibility of releasing an end of life unofficial service pack for Windows 7?  On the todo list, disable all telemetry that goes to Microsoft, close back doors, permanently disable Windows update, permanently block Cortana and everything else Microsoft is pushing now in 10.  Maybe some security holes can be plugged as well.  ReactOS is developing, but it could be years before it becomes a drop in replacement for Microsoft Windows.  I like 7 because there is no need to log on to Microsoft's Cloud to use your computer and as far as I know it doesn't upload all your private files and browsing history to Microsoft.

28 minutes ago, Michaelcr79 said:

Is there any possibility of releasing an end of life unofficial service pack for Windows 7?  On the todo list, disable all telemetry that goes to Microsoft, close back doors, permanently disable Windows update, permanently block Cortana and everything else Microsoft is pushing now in 10.  Maybe some security holes can be plugged as well.  ReactOS is developing, but it could be years before it becomes a drop in replacement for Microsoft Windows.  I like 7 because there is no need to log on to Microsoft's Cloud to use your computer and as far as I know it doesn't upload all your private files and browsing history to Microsoft.

I like this idea, but there are 2 things that I would like to mention:

1. You shouldn't permanently disable Windows Update because of ESU.
2. You don't need to sign in to Microsoft to use Windows 10.

How do you setup Windows 10 without extensive back doors and telemetry?  The default is a Microsoft account and storing your private data including web searching history in the Microsoft Cloud.  With Microsoft pulling the plug on 7 what's to stop Microsoft from pulling the plug on 10?  Why does Microsoft control your use of the software you've bought a license to?  It's more like a lease if WIndows 10 has to phone home to make sure you are still permitted to use your computer.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:48 PM, Michaelcr79 said:

I like 7 because there is no need to log on to Microsoft's Cloud to use your computer and as far as I know it doesn't upload all your private files and browsing history to Microsoft.

You can use local user accounts on the later versions of Windows too. As for the second statement which is probably made for Windows 10 I totaly agree with you.

Remember the "X Files", where the announcer would say "The Truth is out there" ???

Well, the truth is that you can set up Win-10 without ever having an MS account, and you don't have to even use a password if you don't want to.

And by using the new "Classic Shell" you can make Win-10 look and feel just like Win-7.

Two important things to do after the initial install, to tighten up Security, is Disable WUDO and turn OFF Cortana.  Doing those two things will make Win-10 much more private and secure.

I've installed Win-10 over fifty times so far, and I've done the above mentioned things on every install.  My customers love it!

Cheers mates!

:cool: