Updates Office 2007.

LORPAL

Hello people! First of all I apologize if this topic does not belong in this section.
I am really frustrated and need your help. I need to download Office 2007 updates. Please try WUSU Offline but your installer is not compatible with Windows XP. I tried several more times, it asked me for a file to create ISOs, I create the image. But when I saw the file I was surprised 14 GB! How is it possible? Apparently download anything, updates 8.1, 10, etc, etc. I don't know if the servers are still active, but I just updated Windows XP from Windows Update and it worked.
What I'm going to do is if there is some way to install all the updates from the update catalog together.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Office 2007

They are downloaded individually and that is hell. WSUS can't install you or some other way?

Regards.

The EXE for Office 2007 SP3 is office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe (change the language to whatever your region code is, if you need to). Bing surprisingly tends to be quite good for open directories, compared to Google, from time to time. You can install this from a base 2007 install with no service packs and then update over MS Update.

An older version of WSUS Offline works with XP and I don't remember what version it was, I think it was 9.2? Been a long time, but yeah, a collection of post-SP3 updates for Office '07 might be handy.

7 hours ago, CosmoDreamy said:

The EXE for Office 2007 SP3 is office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe (change the language to whatever your region code is, if you need to). Bing surprisingly tends to be quite good for open directories, compared to Google, from time to time. You can install this from a base 2007 install with no service packs and then update over MS Update.

An older version of WSUS Offline works with XP and I don't remember what version it was, I think it was 9.2? Been a long time, but yeah, a collection of post-SP3 updates for Office '07 might be handy.

Thank you for responding, but I was unable to download any offline updates other than the Windows catalog. Try again with the WSUS and the same as before. Luckily I already have SP3 installed and unfortunately I will have to update it to the old one, through Windows Update.

4 hours ago, LORPAL said:

9.2.1 Last compatible with Windows XP

9.2.5 runs fine here on my XP. How is it not compatible?

[EDIT]

I just let it download the updates (i stopped it when quickly testing before)...

Turns out the included sigcheck.exe is not compatible with XP.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130907072413id_/http://download.sysinternals.com/files/Sigcheck.zip runs here, next archived version needs SSE2. Didn't check it with WSUS yet.

Change the address in static\StaticDownloadLinks-sysinternals.txt

Edited by RainyShadow
fixed URL

17 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

9.2.5 runs fine here on my XP. How is it not compatible?

[EDIT]

I just let it download the updates (i stopped it when quickly testing before)...

Turns out the included sigcheck.exe is not compatible with XP.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130907072413id_/http://download.sysinternals.com/files/Sigcheck.zip runs here, next archived version needs SSE2. Didn't check it with WSUS yet.

Change the address in static\StaticDownloadLinks-sysinternals.txt

Was it compatible? I thought not, anyway. I tried again and did not download any update to office 2007.
I will have to download them from Windows each time I install SP3.

Well, it didn't throw errors, looked fine.

9.2.1 has the same issue since it downloads the same sigcheck.

Also, there is some problem with wget, it fails to download mkisofs.exe , i downloaded it manually to the \bin folder and it worked.

I also tried 9.2.1 on Win7, there i had to fix it the same way.

In the end i made an ISO with XP updates.

I never tried the client part while testing these though.

47 minutes ago, RainyShadow said:

Acabo de descargar más de 2 GB de actualizaciones de Office 2007 usando WSUS 9.2.6 con mi solución.

Lo detuve alrededor de 61 de 689 actualizaciones.

Lo curioso es que ... ni siquiera tengo Office instalado aquí, je ...

It is the fifth time that I use WSUS and it downloads 14 GB of updates that have nothing to do with Office.
I have an ISO of WSUS v10.9.2 that has some Office 2007 updates. But the executable is not compatible with Windows XP and I could not install the updates without that program.

Wait for you to download Office? Won't it be server problems?

Besides, another program that seems to have Office 2007 updates is the AutoPatcher. But they don't download all of them because the program has connection failures.
Unfortunately it is necessary to use windows update or the windows catalog. A pity that no program uses the Windows catalog to download and install updates.

Well, i tried 9.2.6 on my work system, which has Office 2003. I selected XP english and Office 2007 english. It downloaded a ton of updates and in the end i had two .ISO files - 3.15GB for XP, and 14.5GB for Office 2007.

When you select Office updates, it downloads them for all Windows versions, that is the reason for such a huge size.

I mounted the Office update .ISO and started the installer - it seems to be working fine, although some individual updates failed.

The next time you test, uncheck the "Clean up download directories" option, so you don't waste traffic on what you already have.

Using an old version of WSUS Offline might not be the best idea. Here is the procedure used to create the clean installation ISO with all updates which works with MSO 2007 Enterprise Edition. If you have another edition the steps are probably similar, just the files are different.

1) MSO 2007 Base installer (Enterprise Edition with Volume License):

en_office_enterprise_2007_dvd_vl_x12-19574.iso

Extract the contents of this file to a dedicated directory (called Network Installation Point), let's say:

D:\MSO12

You can use 7-Zip to extract the files:

7z x -oD:\MSO12 filename.iso

In case the Base installation file is an EXE and not ISO file then use the following command:

filename.exe /extract:D:\MSO12

2) MSO 2007 Cumulative Service Pack 3 installer for all editions:

office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe

Extract the contents of this file to the "Updates" directory of the Base directory:

office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:D:\MSO12\Updates

3) Extract all other MSO 2007 updates released after SP3 to \Updates directory. They must be in MSP file format. Any MSP files present in \Updates directory will be automatically processed during the installation.

4) Run Office Customization Tool (only available in Enterprise Edition with Volume License):

D:\MSO12\Setup.exe /admin

5) Create ISO image file from the contents of D:\MSO12. ImgBurn can be used to do this.

6) Burn the ISO image to CD.

----------
This list of installation files of different MSO 2007 editions can be found here:

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/51-office-2007-direct-download-links

Edited by Lex24