Can’t find Windows XP drivers for my Dell Inspiron 15R-5537

GD 2W10

Hi,
I recently installed Windows XP on my Dell via Easy2Boot. I was able to find the drivers for some things like audio by using Vista and 7 drivers. However, I am unable to find network drivers for XP. The Windows 7 network drivers do not work on my machine. Are there any XP network drivers out there? Ethernet is not an option as I don’t have a nearby port to plug a cable in.

Edited by GD 2W10

Ethernet is network, you mean wireless network card drivers?

Post VEN/PID or however hardware ID of the wireless card/chip you have in your Dell and also post the EXACT model of the Dell, maybe it is enough to find (hopefully) a driver.

Also if you fiddle with this kind of things it won't be IMHO be a bad idea to get one of these (example only):
http://max-digital.co.uk/ac600-wifi-dongle-1.html

at least for temporary use until you find a driver. 

There are some similar thingies that include a sort of USB stick embedded with the drivers so that they are fully portable, other example:
https://www.amazon.com/Aigital-Adapter-600Mbps-Wireless-Windows10/dp/B07PR9RF2H

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

have you gone to support.dell.com and entered your service tag to see if you can get the driver from them?  The service tag will give you the exact model number and specs for that Dell.

You can try the Windows 7 Drivers and here are the network cards for that model
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-5537/drivers

Edited by firefoxthebomb
Added link to dell website.

https://www.3dpchip.com/3dpchip/sub/net_eng.html

Page says "ethernet", but it includes WiFi too.

Click the "+" to change between the detected network adapters.

17 minutes ago, firefoxthebomb said:

The service tag will give you the exact model number and specs for that Dell.

Unless the configuration was changed by the owner...

5 minutes ago, RainyShadow said:

Unless the configuration was changed by the owner...

... or unless the Dell database is wrong. or unless the web server fails, or unless the sky falls on our head ...

... naah, that may  only happen tomorrow ...

jaclaz

8 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

... or unless the Dell database is wrong. or unless the web server fails, or unless the sky falls on our head ...

... naah, that may  only happen tomorrow ...

jaclaz

You never upgraded a computer? Or just missed your meds today?

geez...

3 hours ago, firefoxthebomb said:

have you gone to support.dell.com and entered your service tag to see if you can get the driver from them?  The service tag will give you the exact model number and specs for that Dell.

You can try the Windows 7 Drivers and here are the network cards for that model
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-5537/drivers

I already did. Most of them installed. However, I do not see any connections or wireless networks under "Network Connections".

Here is the hardware info in case you guys need it:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_44628086&REV_73

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_44628086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&CC_0280

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&REV_73

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0280

PCI\VEN_8086

PCI\CC_028000

PCI\CC_0280

Sorry to disappoint you, but I doubt you would find XP drivers for this card if any - even Intel's Supported Windows OS article confirms that there are no XP drivers for that card. You'd have to mitigate this by using an USB WLAN adapter; a nuclear solution would be to (if it's possible in your laptop) replace the WLAN card with a different one that is confirmed working with XP. (and of course having to deal with whitelist if you have to)

10 hours ago, IntMD said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I doubt you would find XP drivers for this card if any - even Intel's Supported Windows OS article confirms that there are no XP drivers for that card. You'd have to mitigate this by using an USB WLAN adapter; a nuclear solution would be to (if it's possible in your laptop) replace the WLAN card with a different one that is confirmed working with XP. (and of course having to deal with whitelist if you have to)

It seems like Dell does not have whitelist for wi-fi cards, but it has to be checked if the card is mPCI or N2 (should be mPCI but needs to be verified)  and I believe the only option is - in case - some broadcom one (and it has to be seen if a driver for those eist for XP).

I had a look around but all I could find were people that removed the AC 7260 for a newer Intel card. :dubbio:

jaclaz