[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

12 hours ago, winvispixp said:

any news regarding the development of the ex. kernel?

What news do you want? The kernel from March is already old!?!?

12 hours ago, legacyfan said:

does anyone know what happen here? it's was down for a while

12 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Let's just hope the development didn't get suspended.

Both of you, you already have a million of topics where you exchange niceties/upvotes  

and spam the forum with "wassup/I'm fine", could you keep *at least* this one clean?

And no, we don't need your empty promises to quit the spam activities in the form of yet another reply.

14 hours ago, winvispixp said:

any news regarding the development of the ex. kernel?

the last official version I know of at least is from somewhere around dec of 2022 and it's not been updated since then

On 6/7/2023 at 9:59 AM, legacyfan said:

the last official version I know of at least is from somewhere around dec of 2022 and it's not been updated since then

And how does that help answer winvispixp's question? He is asking how's the development of the extended kernel is going (like for example, would there be any new applications running in, new functions added in the next version, etc.), not what is the latest version of the extended kernel. Besides, this is wrong, the latest version of the extended kernel is March 9, 2023.

Edited by mina7601

18 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

And how does that help answer winvispixp's question? He is asking how's the development of the extended kernel is going (like for example, would there be any new applications running in, new functions added in the next version, etc.), not what is the latest version of the extended kernel. Besides, this is wrong, the latest version of the extended kernel is March 9, 2023.

sorry I forgot to go back and fix the post it was pretty late when i posted that

Edited by legacyfan

You need to install Windows Vista Updates (I430VX made a video about that). Then you install the SHA2 updates and then you install the extended kernel. Cannot post directly the download link cause that violates msfn rules about posting modified dlls/microsoft softwares.

23 hours ago, mina7601 said:

March 9 is indeed latest but not stable. Instead, you may look for the March 6 build, which is the stable one.

2 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

you may look for the March 6 build, which is the stable one.

i would recommend going down to the october 2022 release as the newer ones break a lot of stuff, including wmp, experience index, cause general instability (java update scheduler always crashes when restarting or shutting down along side with some old asus monitoring program and audio driver)
so if you don't need whatever newer versions can get you (someone wrote about discord and premier pro a while back) i suggest sticking with 10192022 release

Edited by winvispixp

2 hours ago, winvispixp said:

i would recommend going down to the october 2022 release as the newer ones break a lot of stuff, including wmp, experience index, cause general instability (java update scheduler always crashes when restarting or shutting down along side with some old asus monitoring program and audio driver)
so if you don't need whatever newer versions can get you (someone wrote about discord and premier pro a while back) i suggest sticking with 10192022 release

And March 2023 also breaks the 32-bit shell file dialogs and drag and drops

On 6/9/2023 at 11:11 AM, Waine Ammon. said:

Windows Vista Extended Kernel Download For Windows Vista Business 32 Bit.

I Would Like To Run Windows Vista In 2023 Again.

Can You Help Me Please.

Many Thanks

Waine Ammon.

Unfortunately, there's no extended kernel for 32-bit available yet, only for 64-bit.

Edited by mina7601

On 6/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, Waine Ammon. said:

Windows Vista Extended Kernel Download For Windows Vista Business 32 Bit.

I Would Like To Run Windows Vista In 2023 Again.

Can You Help Me Please.

Many Thanks

Waine Ammon.

Just download the 64-bit's Vista Extended Kernel build, but copy the wow64 files to System32 folder if you use the 32-bit Vista. I recommend the latest stable one (October 2022 build). And make sure you also have prepared some backups of the original files.

March 2023 builds messed out the 32-bit things.

Edited by Brickedandroid

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I needed to downgrade the Extended Kernel, but finally reupgraded to the march 9 build. The fact is that now Eclipse IDE is not working, while some Java SWT apps still work. Here's the link.

https://pastebin.com/raw/ucNvHBPd

I'm wondering if this is related with Windows Vista Extended Kernel or is related with a strange Eclipse behaviour. To solve it, I tried to upgrade and downgrade Eclipse. Is also important to tell that I use a portable version. I also tried with different versions of the extended kernel, (all 2023 builds and the latest 2022 build). Apparently only Eclipse is affected. I also tried to install/uninstall Java, but no result since it uses it's own JDK as I could notice.