[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

firefox seems to work fine with the March 6 update (up to version 112 which is the latest release now) so something has changed with the functionality of browsers recently to change that (to cause the issues that are being reported)

Edited by legacyfan

2 hours ago, legacyfan said:

firefox seems to work fine with the March 6 update (up to version 120 which is the latest release now) so something has changed with the functionality of browsers recently to change that (to cause the issues that are being reported)

Firefox version 120 isn't released yet. I assume you meant 112.

Detected also that Clamscan (clamSentynnel/clamwin virus scanner) crashes. That's really strange cause it works even on Windows 98. The procedure entry point shell33.SHGetMalloc could not be located in the dynamic link library SHELL32.dll.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:16 AM, Saswat Tech Center said:

How did this happen?!

Try running any 32-bit programs. For example, you can run Notepad from the SysWOW64 folder, and then try opening the file (Ctrl-O or File -> Open...), or write some characters and try saving to a file. Those will not work at all since the open/save dialog won't show anymore after March 2023 build.

Edited by Brickedandroid

7 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

Tried that, nothing strange happened! Moreover, in my case Office 2003 which is only 32 bits can save documents and open documents without issues.

Do you installed the March 2023 build?

(Microsoft Office uses its own independent API, and please note that NOT ALL 32-bit programs have such issue.)

Edited by Brickedandroid

i have quite a strange issue where after installing the latest extended kernel in a vmware VM, the mouse no longer works.

HID-compliant mouse and PS/2 compatible mouse both say that windows was unable to load drivers for the device (code 37)

On 4/29/2023 at 1:40 AM, sunryze said:

i have quite a strange issue where after installing the latest extended kernel in a vmware VM, the mouse no longer works.

HID-compliant mouse and PS/2 compatible mouse both say that windows was unable to load drivers for the device (code 37)

try installing windows 7 drivers for vm