[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

6 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

Send the error screenshot through private message to me

The error message that appears when opening Firefox x64 installer is: "Sorry, Firefox can’t be installed. This version of Firefox requires Microsoft Windows 7 x64 or newer. Please click the OK button for additional information."

@thepwrtank18 You need to spoof the OS, or spoof the installer itself to install Firefox. Consult my post here for more information:

Edited by mina7601

6 hours ago, mina7601 said:

The error message that appears when opening Firefox x64 installer is: "Sorry, Firefox can’t be installed. This version of Firefox requires Microsoft Windows 7 x64 or newer. Please click the OK button for additional information."

@thepwrtank18 You need to spoof the OS, or spoof the installer itself to install Firefox. Consult my post here for more information:

It's still asking for Windows 7+.

4 minutes ago, thepwrtank18 said:

It's still asking for Windows 7+.

You need to create osver.ini file, and then put it in C:\Windows before you can spoof. Have you created that file first? What Extended Kernel version you have installed?

Edited by mina7601

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again ! @win32 I need your help if you have some time. I tried you 398.11 driver on Windows Vista with Extended kernel installed on a GT1030 , which from my understanding is now somewhat supported. Although when I rebooted I ran into the frozen 'orb' . I tried unistalling and installing again , but with no effect. Then someone suggested to mod myself a 382.xx driver (maybe that could work) and said to ask you what should I exactly mod. I have the GDDR5 version of the GT1030. So can you please help mod the driver I need to get the GPU to work ? Sorry if this is not the topic to ask here , but I couldn't re-create one myself because I ran into some kind of error.

1 hour ago, bromogatos309 said:

Hello again ! @win32 I need your help if you have some time. I tried you 398.11 driver on Windows Vista with Extended kernel installed on a GT1030 , which from my understanding is now somewhat supported. Although when I rebooted I ran into the frozen 'orb' . I tried unistalling and installing again , but with no effect. Then someone suggested to mod myself a 382.xx driver (maybe that could work) and said to ask you what should I exactly mod. I have the GDDR5 version of the GT1030. So can you please help mod the driver I need to get the GPU to work ? Sorry if this is not the topic to ask here , but I couldn't re-create one myself because I ran into some kind of error.

The 38x drivers actually added a function that was removed from the 39x versions, which I did not add yet. Oddly enough I do have notes about 382/384 drivers, which apparently reached a black screen instead of outright crashing (or producing an orb). I suppose I could add it soon.

The orb may be caused by conflicts with other drivers. Do you have a discrete NIC and/or are you using unofficial USB 3.x drivers?

14 minutes ago, win32 said:

The 38x drivers actually added a function that was removed from the 39x versions, which I did not add yet. Oddly enough I do have notes about 382/384 drivers, which apparently reached a black screen instead of outright crashing (or producing an orb). I suppose I could add it soon.

The orb may be caused by conflicts with other drivers. Do you have a discrete NIC and/or are you using unofficial USB 3.x drivers?

No. Nothing of that kind of stuff.

3 hours ago, win32 said:

strnlen.

There's no such function in the driver 382.16 I suggested for him, and I already gave him precise instructions what to mod. The only thing left is NVCPL. But the driver boots fine, see my topic and the link for 382.16 is there. I wouldn't suggest drivers with missing functions. The crap from Nvidia website has more missing functions.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184056-breakthrough-p2-new-pascal-special-microsoft-nvidia-driver-port-for-vista-x64/?do=findComment&comment=1235351

Just now, D.Draker said:

There's no such function in the driver 382.16 I suggested for him, and I already gave him precise instructions what to mod. The only thing left is NVCPL. But the driver boots fine, see my topic and the link for 382.16 is there. I wouldn't suggest drivers with missing functions. The crap from Nvidia website has more missing functions.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184056-breakthrough-p2-new-pascal-special-microsoft-nvidia-driver-port-for-vista-x64/?do=findComment&comment=1235351

You are correct. I see that 382.16 is an "iCafe" driver and that most of the NVCPL components were removed, even though the inf still has all the "instructions" to install it.

2 hours ago, bromogatos309 said:

No. Nothing of that kind of stuff.

I did make a package combining the 382.16 driver with NVCPL components from 381.65 (untested for now because I am still working on job objects), but if that is not required, the byte sequences in the other thread are valid for modding the driver.

4 hours ago, win32 said:

1 - You are correct.

2 - I see that 382.16 is an "iCafe" driver and that most of the NVCPL components were removed, even though the inf still has all the "instructions" to install it.

3 - the byte sequences in the other thread are valid for modding the driver.

1 - Thanks, I know it because I tested myself on a GT1030 I bought because of him and wrote you about it.

2 - Icafe usually remove the "security" crap functions from the kernel, yes,

3 - Indeed they are ! I found them a long time ago . So I don't know why he can't launch any of these drivers.

EDIT: Invite you to move the discussion back to my drivers .

Edited by D.Draker