[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

@win32 I was wondering if any of the following will be added to x86 user32.dll: DisplayConfigGetDeviceInfo, GetDisplayConfigBufferSizes, and QueryDisplayConfig

These break DX11 with the newly modded AMD Radeon graphics drivers as AMD 17.10.2 introduced new functions within atidxx32.dll. The drivers work for the most part (we get Aero Glass and what not), but not DX11.

22 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I was wondering if any of the following will be added to x86 user32.dll: DisplayConfigGetDeviceInfo, GetDisplayConfigBufferSizes, and QueryDisplayConfig

These break DX11 with the newly modded AMD Radeon graphics drivers as AMD 17.10.2 introduced new functions within atidxx32.dll. The drivers work for the most part (we get Aero Glass and what not), but not DX11.

If I can confirm that the wrappers will allow me to add the functions without breaking applications, then those functions will return.

But have you tried 64 bit DX11 applications and games? If those don't work then it must be something else.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:57 AM, win32 said:

If I can confirm that the wrappers will allow me to add the functions without breaking applications, then those functions will return.

But have you tried 64 bit DX11 applications and games? If those don't work then it must be something else.

I haven't yet. Hopefully those functions can return.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:57 AM, win32 said:

Sorry for double post, but two DirectX11 games that work with Vista do not work with 18.3.4 AMD installed.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:21 PM, Jakob99 said:

atidxx32.dll

On 11/12/2022 at 6:21 PM, Jakob99 said:

@win32 I was wondering if any of the following will be added to x86 user32.dll: DisplayConfigGetDeviceInfo, GetDisplayConfigBufferSizes, and QueryDisplayConfig

Directx11 should have an independent file, at least it's the case with Nvidia. Aero will work if everything's ok with the DX9 file. So yeah , he might be right. 

4 hours ago, SigmaTel71 said:

IIRC, in Windows Vista, Aero relies on DirectX 10 when possible.

In short, no. Longer explanation, look at the nvidia drivers (same goes for ATi). nvwgf2um.dll nvwgf2umx.dll are 32/64 DX10/11 drivers,

you can safely delete them, reboot and still have aero, because aero works off nvd3dum.dll and nvd3dumx.dll

(which are 32 and 64 bit drivers for D3D9). 

You know, this is very funny, if I ever relied on that kind of "sources trust-me-bro", I would make zero drivers for Vista.

Also, looks like you weren't paying attention because the OP wrote, DX11 doesn't work, but aero does.

And DX10 is in one file with 11, so it is not loaded at all. DX11 is pretty much DX10 with stuff added upon.

EDIT: *hint* you can see in the .dll's description yourself what are they for exactly.

Edited by D.Draker

@win32

Mine is Intel HD Graphics 4000. And I'm currently using the Windows 7 version of Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver (which has blue and white control panel window color) with NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender and some modifications. I have installed it through Device Manager driver update. And it turns out that it has worked partially. OpenGL and DX11 work perfectly without glitches, also the driver has no problem at all in Device Manager, but DX9 causes BEX64 related crashes. And until now I still cannot enjoy the Aero theme and play videos using Windows Media Player (because they need DX9 to work properly.)

Edited by Brickedandroid

I finally noticed what's wrong. These strange issues happens when you spoof globally. Tried global spoofing to see what was wrong with VSCode /VSCodium (v. 1.73) that version is not working at least for me. As far as I know, they dropped Windows 7.

On 11/19/2022 at 2:07 PM, Sergiaws said:

I finally noticed what's wrong. These strange issues happens when you spoof globally. Tried global spoofing to see what was wrong with VSCode /VSCodium (v. 1.73) that version is not working at least for me. As far as I know, they dropped Windows 7.

You can't run anything Chromium if it's version spoofed to NT 6.2 or greater for now, because of the use of features that aren't implemented right now like job objects.

2 hours ago, winvispixp said:

no

Really? Have you tried it, especially Windows Vista x64 SP2 without any driver and updates (in VirtualBox and VMware), on 5th Intel Core generation or newer, using VT-x and VT-d?

Try install it in both VirtualBox and VMware and then send the screenshot to me through message. I would to know and check if it's successfully entered to desktop, or black screen with or without error message, before or after the welcome screen, or even the worse one, BSOD. And don't forget to reboot the VM multiple times after installing if the first time boot has little or no problems, to verify the bug effect. The screen must be black, with or without errors, before the welcome screen, in many chances.

Edited by Brickedandroid