[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

On 10/16/2022 at 3:39 PM, SigmaTel71 said:

I have a feel that the next release of the extended kernel will be much different from the current one... is there a 'preview' changelog by the current state of development version? Mostly DirectX and deeply Windows 7 specific functions?

I just reviewed all changes:
-Windows 7/8 functions added to kernel32 to support Firefox 106+, a couple of games, and Blender
-DXGI extension added to run newer WxWidget x64 version of PCSX2 and others asking for CreateDXGIFactory2
-ole and user32 extensions to run many Qt 6 applications
-Extension to bcrypt: add support for PBKDF2 hashing algorithm
-PowerShell Core up to at least version 7.0.1 working
-Several applications such as x64dbg and Telegram will now run if spoofed to Windows 7 (the fault of the VC++ 2012/13 runtime)
-NTOSKRNL extension added, compatible with NVIDIA drivers 378 (adds support for all Pascal except GT 1030) in full, and 398 on some systems (supports all Pascal plus OpenGL 4.6). A modified version of 378 (and 398, which may not work properly on some systems) will be made available through the extended kernel website.

20 minutes ago, win32 said:

-Windows 7/8 functions added to kernel32 to support Firefox 106+, a couple of games, and Blender
-DXGI extension added to run newer WxWidget x64 version of PCSX2 and others asking for CreateDXGIFactory2
-Several applications such as x64dbg and Telegram will now run if spoofed to Windows 7 (the fault of the VC++ 2012/13 runtime)
-NTOSKRNL extension added, compatible with NVIDIA drivers 378 (adds support for all Pascal except GT 1030) in full, and 398 on some systems (supports all Pascal plus OpenGL 4.6). A modified version of 378 (and 398, which may not work properly on some systems) will be made available through the extended kernel website.

When will it be released? Pd. Don't know what's the Extended Kernel website, just know the mega folder.

1 hour ago, win32 said:

We also have a working Vista driver for AMD Radeon's such as Stoney Ridge. The driver is not yet ready for release, however, as I am just Beta testing it for the person who developed it. You can see it in action here: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/images/AMD2.JPG

51 minutes ago, Jakob99 said:

We also have a working Vista driver for AMD Radeon's such as Stoney Ridge.

man, please, don't spam this in every possible post
if someone needs to mod the os to run something i think he/she has more than 2 braincells which he/she can use to find this original thread of the extended kernel

3 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

When will it be released? Pd. Don't know what's the Extended Kernel website, just know the mega folder.

It has passed its objectives after months of development and testing, so it is now released, with the objective of the enhanced compatibility and driver support.

6 hours ago, win32 said:

Is it also fixed the program crash bug in the newer versions of Intel HD 4000 driver?

Edited by Brickedandroid

7 hours ago, win32 said:

the only thing left is a proper timer fix for haswell+ then :P

PHP 8.1.2 working! Didn't tested newer PHP versions, but when I run XAMPP Apache now don't crash, and puting a php file with the phpinfo function at least work fine. I think there are still missing some 32 bits functions, maybe fixing them could we get Skype Client and similar PWA's with 32 bit only support. Here is brave x86 as an example of this.

brave.exe - Entry Point Not Found  The procedure entry point GetThreadGroupAffinity could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

And, another thing, Python 3.7+ x86 apps, would work or could be done something for these apps? As I remember, in a previous release (released before 2022's summer) NVDA 2022.1 partially worked, just remote_helper crashed so it couldn't read properly html documents and web pages. It also required Win7SuperVerFix spoofing and also build number. I'll also test Zulu JDK 13 or 17 x86 and check if it work, it would be required for Java Access Bridge in modern JDK.

Regarding hardware support, I just expect a modified Acpi.sys so the BSOD "This PC is not ACPI compliant" would be solved, and an NVMe driver working in Vista (the one posted on some topics is not working). I'm testing some Firefox stuff, at least Librewolf 105 don't throws the error but it don't start. Maybe I'll need to reinstall SHA2 stuff?

On 10/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, win32 said:

It has passed its objectives after months of development and testing, so it is now released, with the objective of the enhanced compatibility and driver support.

I just wanted to extend my thanks for the Extended Kernel! I like being able to run the latest Firefox now! Also, does Steam work with the latest kernel or are we still a ways off from that.

Just now, Jakob99 said:

I just wanted to extend my thanks for the Extended Kernel! I like being able to run the latest Firefox now! Also, does Steam work with the latest kernel or are we still a ways off from that.

Unfortunately Steam does not yet. The 32 bit configuration is still undesireable and needs to be redone.

13 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

Regarding hardware support, I just expect a modified Acpi.sys so the BSOD "This PC is not ACPI compliant" would be solved, and an NVMe driver working in Vista (the one posted on some topics is not working). I'm testing some Firefox stuff, at least Librewolf 105 don't throws the error but it don't start. Maybe I'll need to reinstall SHA2 stuff?

Were any patches done to XP's acpi.sys for your hardware to work with XP?

LibreWolf does not start for me either. I will check it,

2 hours ago, win32 said:

Unfortunately Steam does not yet. The 32 bit configuration is still undesireable and needs to be redone.

I forgot that Steam was 32-bit based. At least I also have 7 and 8.1 on my laptop to play it until it works with Vista and XP x64 (through one-core api)

11 hours ago, win32 said:

Were any patches done to XP's acpi.sys for your hardware to work with XP?

LibreWolf does not start for me either. I will check it,

For XP probably not, it's a more modern computer so I wouldn't expect XP to work. Just know that there are an ACPI.sys for Windows 7 that might work. There's even the procedure to modify it, but I'm not sure if the procedure can be applied to Vista's ACPI.sys, and don't know a lot about editing such files to modify these lines.