[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

7 minutes ago, win32 said:

Yes, the VS 2010 IDE relies on the .NET 4.x runtime which is largely broken with 4.7 and above. You will have to use the VS 2008 IDE.

But for VS 2012, 2013, 2015, or 2017?

Is it only happened on Vista?

Edited by Brickedandroid

6 minutes ago, Brickedandroid said:

But for VS 2012, 2013, 2015, or 2017?

Is it only happened on Vista?

I haven't been able to get those to run yet. And .NET 4.x is like a bit too much of a black box to me compared to native code and .NET Core.

Yes it's a Vista issue.

On 8/9/2022 at 12:29 AM, ANITO9999 said:

is there a guide on how to get this working on an X86 version of Windows Vista I only got 2GB of RAM  so I can't go 64bit without slowing it down to a crawl ?

i have vista home premium x64 on my Toshiba netbook(64-bit atom era) and it runs fine even with Aero. that laptop is maxed out.(afaik all netbooks max out at 2GB of ram) even the extended kernel works fine. 

Teamtalk recently released a 64 bit version of teir app. Would be difficult to get it working on Vista?

https://bearware.dk/beta/TeamTalk_v5.11.0.5092_Portable-win64.zip

this is the error that you get if you run it.

image.thumb.png.00fd99f13f3907b748b662d9acb122df.png

TeamTalk5.exe - Entry Point Not Found    The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll. 

image.thumb.png.847986e3478c8ea0c6c730258bc11528.png 

TeamTalk5Classic.exe - Entry Point Not Found  The procedure entry point MFEnumDeviceSources could not be located in the dynamic link library MF.dll. 

Pd. It's apparently a QT application

image.png

10 minutes ago, SigmaTel71 said:

This is a part of DirectX 11.2 runtime which is available in Windows 8.1 and newer.

In that case, it's much harder to make it working. Pd. Don't understand why the developer need such DX stuff since the majority of the users of this software are blind people.

18 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

Teamtalk recently released a 64 bit version of teir app. Would be difficult to get it working on Vista?

https://bearware.dk/beta/TeamTalk_v5.11.0.5092_Portable-win64.zip

this is the error that you get if you run it.

image.thumb.png.00fd99f13f3907b748b662d9acb122df.png

TeamTalk5.exe - Entry Point Not Found    The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll. 

image.thumb.png.847986e3478c8ea0c6c730258bc11528.png 

TeamTalk5Classic.exe - Entry Point Not Found  The procedure entry point MFEnumDeviceSources could not be located in the dynamic link library MF.dll. 

Pd. It's apparently a QT application

image.png

for the dxgi, Download Reshade, extract the setup, rename reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll and copy the dll in teamtalk folder

for the mf.dll, did you download the mfplatsetup.7z file in the mega folder ?

i tried by myself, it shows me an 0xc0000005 error when trying to launch the program

Capturer.PNG

Edited by 25495k

The teamtalk classic is working (at least starts and I can connect to some teamtalk servers fine). You ate least need to put the mfplatsetup files to make it work properly. It didn't worked with previous versions of teamtalk since previous teamtalk versions where 32 bit apps. So, earlier I used version 5.3 (latest official supported on XP/Vista) now, version 5.11 working (Clasic client only) on Vista Extended kernel! the normal client gives this error.

image.thumb.png.ab2e15655b5d39e354ab728b6f41cc4d.png

TeamTalk5.exe - Application Error    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application. 

4 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

Don't understand why the developer need such DX stuff

... Well. most application authors currently behave like sheep :angry: , blindly (no offence meant, BTW :)) following ONLY what Microsoft supports at the time they release an update for their app...
My gut feeling is they didn't go for DirectX 11.2 specifically, rather they dropped support for previous DirectX versions, as these are to be found in OSes MS no longer supports (free of charge, as in not ESU ;) ) ...

I see that ReShade falls back to DXGIFactory1 on Windows 7 or earlier. It's the same thing I did, but I'm not sure why they failed unless this tries to call some of the interface methods exclusive to DXGIFactory2.

I worked on the D3D kernel mode synchronization objects and it is very difficult. So it will take some time to get Vulkan.