[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

57 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

@cartpusher96

Create a new file in notepad, add the following, then save the file as osver.ini in C:\Windows:

[global]
enabled=1
MajorVersion=6
MinorVersion=1

After that, run qBitTorrent setup again, and it will install.

More information about osver.ini can be found here.

It worked awesome thanks!!

12 minutes ago, ANITO9999 said:

is there a guide on how to get this working on an X86 version of Windows Vista I only got 2GB of RAM  so I can't go 64bit without slowing it down to a crawl ?

All 32-bit Windows operating systems are indeed limited to 2GB RAM only. 32-bit Vista OS is not currently supported on this topic.

Edited by Brickedandroid

43 minutes ago, Brickedandroid said:

All 32-bit Windows operating systems are indeed limited to 2GB RAM only. 32-bit Vista OS is not currently supported on this topic.

Ouch thanks anyway hopefully a 32bit version comes out someday my Laptop only has a single slot DDr2 on it so I am pretty much maxed out on 2GB RAM.

3 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

All 32-bit Windows operating systems are indeed limited to 2GB RAM only.

1.5 GB per process (2 GB in Vista and higher), the actual RAM limit is around 3.2 GB unless you enable PAE.

Hello, i made an interesting discovery: When you remove funtions responsible for touch in RobloxPlayerBeta.exe, roblox loads and works just fine, tho you cannot play it, becouse it kicks you for "weird client activity"

roblox.png

unknown.png

unknown (1).png

4 hours ago, ANITO9999 said:

is there a guide on how to get this working on an X86 version of Windows Vista I only got 2GB of RAM  so I can't go 64bit without slowing it down to a crawl ?

Go for XP 32 bits and install One Core API or upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.x if you can.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, SigmaTel71 said:

the actual RAM limit is around 3.2 GB unless you enable PAE.

No , it depends on the mobo . It may very well be even 4GB (3.89 in my case), but I'm sure you know this kernel won't work with any 32 bit OS.

On 7/21/2022 at 2:18 AM, win32 said:

Chromium extensions, saving their settings

Hi , it seems I missed such splendid news ! I was at the training camp. Returned, and still having the issue I described here earlier . Today I reinstalled the system from scratch ,

this time even without the Nvidia drivers at all. None of the programmes that rely on the kernel can't summon the "save as" or "open file" dialog. What happens ?

Nothing , just one blink , yes the "close" [x] blinks when I try to click "save as", let's say in chrome for example.

Others (non ex-kernel) work just fine. I have the required update windows6.0-kb4474419-v4-x64 installed, along with net 4.5.

BTW , Mortal Kombat 11 still won't start , it says it wants GetThreadErrorMode.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Hi , it seems I missed such splendid news ! I was at the training camp. Returned, and still having the issue I described here earlier . Today I reinstalled the system from scratch ,

this time even without the Nvidia drivers at all. None of the programmes that rely on the kernel can't summon the "save as" or "open file" dialog. What happens ?

Nothing , just one blink , yes the "close" [x] blinks when I try to click "save as", let's say in chrome for example.

Did you install the kernel files or are you still redirecting them? The latter case seemed to cause those problems in my (2020) testing.

3 hours ago, win32 said:

Did you install the kernel files or are you still redirecting them? The latter case seemed to cause those problems in my (2020) testing.

Thanks for the reply , I tried both ways . And yes , I still prefer the redirecting variant . BTW , the extensions work just fine (saving settings, finally), though I never had problems with cookies, as you wrote.

All that weirdness started to happen when I modded a lot of drivers and tested each of them , like really a lot (install/reinstall) , so I assumed I need to do a clean install , but no , all the same .

I also upgraded my BIOS , thought it would be better (but downgraded again) before the clean install. Why ? I coldn't install any 32-bit OS on it , but that's another story . Today 

I tried to update my x64 Vista to 04.2019 level , but the issue is still there. This time I only redirected .

4 hours ago, win32 said:

The latter case seemed to cause those problems in my (2020) testing.

Hmmm ... weird , for me the 2020 kernel worked absolutely fine . Could it have something to do with the mobo ? I even tried another (new) HDD . But unfortunately, I'm afraid I won't be able to test on another mobo because I'll be off soon. 

image.thumb.png.b40fffc7034f20cbb982fd77d71a23e1.png

Microsoft Edge finally works, all you have to do is set global OS spoofing to NT 6.1 build 7601.

Update: Logging in to sync is not working, because it requires IE 11 (it's curious that modern Chromium-based browser requires old IE to get some components work).

Edited by Ark_mage2180

I noticed that several applications tried to call the unavailable function CreateRemoteThreadEx, often through the VC++ runtime, and crash, if they were spoofed to NT 6.1. As these applications may require a spoof to NT 6.1 to bypass version checks in the future, I am adding that function.