[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

14 hours ago, winvispixp said:

that's only up to apr 2017 (it has every update, trust me, i made that)

you need sha 2 support (kb4474419 + kb4493730 which are post apr 2017 updates from win server 2008 and updated root certificates; hopefully i haven't forgotten something)

also i don't think you are allowed to share that link here

Thank you! I'll try installing those.
I'll also delete that link

Edited by forumlurker

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dear developer. I have a question if you won't bother, as a windows 7 user. Do you think waterfox G4 works reliably in Vista with the extended kernel?

Thank you and sorry if the question was stupid.

Edited by Eddie Phizika

54 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Hi , I decided to try out the new kernel , unfortunately recent Chrome versions won't start at all. Not to mention the non-working extensions since forever .

Early 9x stil start though.

chr.png

NO_entry.png

Hi, what was the last build that you managed to get working and which one didn't start? The "latest" version: 100.0.4868.0 downloaded from https://download-chromium.appspot.com/ still works so I'm probably looking at a wrong beta/dev/canary level.

22 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Well , like I said . Earlier 9.x versions do start without troubles .  Starting with 100.x , don't. Extensions don't work on either . Tell me , uBlock works for you ?

Extensions don't work with even earlier versions of Chromium on Vista so this one should be no exception.

BTW. by 9.x and 100.x you mean version (ex. 100.0.4868.0) or build revision (ex. 966626)

Edited by TSNH

5 hours ago, TSNH said:

by 9.x and 100.x you mean version (ex. 100.0.4868.0)

By 9.x I meant smth like chrome 97 . So how do you guys use chrome then  ? Without extensions ? Seriously ??? And what about Firefox ? Do extensions work there ?

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

By 9.x I meant smth like chrome 97 . So how do you guys use chrome then  ? Without extensions ? Seriously ??? And what about Firefox ? Do extensions work there ?

Yes extensions work fine in Firefox. I only use chrome (Ungoogled chromium) for sites that have compatibility problems.

Hello everyone !  I made a video on the understood kernel for the French to explain well on my channel because winclient 5270 has not yet updated its video so if you don't understand you can at worst put the subtitles if you have trouble  install Vista with the intended kernel.  Thank you Win32 for this extended Kernel!

1 hour ago, winvispixp said:

is there a new version (02042022)? check the mega folder

It includes powrprof.dll and powrprofx86.dll so probably it has patches for AMD 15.6 drivers integrated.

I've installed the x64 version and everything seems to work fine :thumbup

Edited by TSNH