win32

1 hour ago, LS4280 said:

boot vista install from usb, click on "Repair your computer"

click on Command Prompt and exectute the following command :

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on

Tried that now but now I am getting a blue screen. See below:

image.png.2bf8364a7e01cd06ff8b342320c25507.png

Good day,

I've managed to install all the updates from greenhillmaniac, but after copying the extended kernel files I am just getting a black screen, not even Vista logo or anything. See below.

Am I supposed to copy all the files? Is there anything more than updates that needs to be done? I just installed all the updates and .Net frameworks. Do I need to install Visual C++?

When I only copy the .DLL files it is booting fine. Am I only supposed to copy the DLL files from extended kernel?

image.thumb.png.f79c71ae9a460bd4b2136d6667ac12e6.png

Edited by Strikker1

3 hours ago, Strikker1 said:

Am I only supposed to copy the DLL files from extended kernel?

only from vistaexkernsetup_[version].7z

for the newest available right now you need updates up to apr 2017, kb4474419, kb4493730 (both are win server 2008 updates but you need them even on vista) and updated root certificates

I have a problem with DWM, constantly crashes  without reason.

My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, driver ver 310.90 (idk if this is the last version for vista)

Here is the translated log:
  Problem event name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Dwm.exe
  Application Version:    6.0.6002.18005
  Application Timestamp:    49e02696
  Module name with errors:    ntdll.dll
  Module version with errors;    6.0.6002.19623
  Module with errors timestamp:    56ec4641
  Exception Code:    80000003
  Exception Offset:    0000000000045c00
  OS Version    6.0.6003.2.2.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    3082
  Additional Information 1:    0fef
  Additional Information 2:    0d8b4b37a0c1e529a7398b6615cc3528
  Additional Information 3:    f196
  Additional Information 4:    acf765d48a0657c8822f379a6b5f3b91

Captura.JPG

Edited by giogio3472
Putting some bold

4 hours ago, giogio3472 said:

I have a problem with DWM, constantly crashes  without reason.

My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, driver ver 310.90 (idk if this is the last version for vista)

That laptop GPU was not very powerful. Have you tried with Aero disabled? The last Vista driver should be 342.01. You mentioned “while using Chrome” in your September 12 post. If the issue is only with Chrome, maybe look up your CPU to see if it supports SSE3 that Chrome now requires.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, TSNH said:

Hi everyone,

According to: https://betawiki.net/wiki/Windows_Vista_build_6003, Microsoft has already solved Haswell+ problems in the 6003 update.

1 - I declare this to be fake news / vapourware under section 4.e of the forum rules https://msfn.org/board/guidelines/.

@Vistapocalypse is absolutely right , there's no confirmation or any info from Microsoft at all . There's zero proof .

In the article you mentioned , it says "Summary

Customers who have applied KB4489887 or later Monthly Rollup Packages to Microsoft Server 2008 SP2 may notice a change to the operating system version string."

Well , I read about it too :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/build-number-changing-to-6003-in-windows-server-2008-1335e4d4-c155-52eb-4a45-b85bd1909ca8

"Addresses an issue with a Microsoft Access 97 (!) database ..." and some Asian language/time fixes for Japanese and Quazaqians , etc . More here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/march-19-2019-kb4489887-preview-of-monthly-rollup-d05eafca-6fd3-1106-6f42-fba0a558ac27

I tested myself and [of course] it doesn't do what you claim it supposed to do. Besides , you post in the wrong section , even if they allow this to exist ,

it belongs to the update section , not the ex-kernel .

I'd like to ask the supervisors , moderators @Tripredacus , @Dave-H to intervene and delete his and other posts regarding this no-existent "fix" (vapourware).

Edited by Dixel
links

On 10/14/2021 at 4:27 PM, TSNH said:

@Dixel

Hi, I tried installing the 373.19 driver for Vista/7/8 on my Windows 7 PC for now and it looks like the 'Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050TI' driver is not compatible with my Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050TI GPU.

The popup says that 'It's not recommended to install this diver, because Windows cannot determinate if it's compatible with the owned hardware. If its not compatible, than...' (translated).

This most likely means that the hardware IDs are not consistent.obraz.png.96f329b0690b990284a448d29f1863d5.png

Hi , I didn't give you my driver 373.19 , so I can't comment on yours. Also , your question belongs to the "drivers for Vista section" , not here.  

I repeat again , my 373.19 works on Vista , but it's a paid driver made by Siemens and can be shared only with the owner of this website , supervisors and win32 to help with the kernel development , I don't want some very wrong folks to get their hands on it.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:31 AM, Jakob99 said:

Haswell does not seem to be fully fixed, even with the 6003 update.

Of course it doesn't , it's fake news. Do not get your hopes high , it won't be fixed by MS . What I can suggest to you , completely delete Win defender , it will lead to the faster startup process on haswell and the logon bug will appear much less . 

10 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

That laptop GPU was not very powerful. Have you tried with Aero disabled? The last Vista driver should be 342.01. You mentioned “while using Chrome” in your September 12 post. If the issue is only with Chrome, maybe look up your CPU to see if it supports SSE3 that Chrome now requires.

My CPU supports SSE3, is a Core 2 Duo.

Also happened in a Sandy Bridge Core i5 (Intel HD Graphics 3000).

I reinstalled windows days ago and this happens again, its crashing constantly with/without chrome running.

7 hours ago, Dixel said:

I'd like to ask the supervisors , moderators @Tripredacus , @Dave-H to intervene and delete his and other posts regarding this no-existent "fix" (vapourware).

Why should they delete his posts? they might be useful for someone one day to make a working patch

Also I would like to ask you something privately. Where could I get in contact with you?

Edited by winvispixp

4e is in relation to a user who is posting about a project they have created or is involved in, that is vaporware, or that the person is making promises about accomplishing something in the future but doesn't live up to the promises. So it is not relevant here, since the entity that made this so-called Vaporware is Microsoft and not the person who posted a link to it. Since Microsoft doesn't have an account, they can't get banned for posting about vaporware or have their posts deleted. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Dixel said:

1 - I declare this to be fake news / vapourware under section 4.e of the forum rules https://msfn.org/board/guidelines/.

@Vistapocalypse is absolutely right , there's no confirmation or any info from Microsoft at all . There's zero proof .

Hi,

1. As you may know Microsoft doesn't always document what they do. For example Microsoft articles about this update say nothing about files that this update changes. If we trust only the Microsoft's official statements than we should follow the guidelines showed here: https://support.microsoft.com/en/help/22882/windows-vista-end-of-support :)

2. 2 users have already tested this and said that this update (partially) solves Haswell+ problems.

3. I said "According to" meaning I don't know if that information is correct. I posted it here to encourage someone to verify it (as i cannot do it myself).

4. If this information turns out to be fake anyway, I'll do this and i don't need moderator's help.

I really don't want to argue here.

11 hours ago, Dixel said:

Hi , I didn't give you my driver 373.19 , so I can't comment on yours. Also , your question belongs to the "drivers for Vista section" , not here.  

I repeat again , my 373.19 works on Vista , but it's a paid driver made by Siemens and can be shared only with the owner of this website , supervisors and win32 to help with the kernel development , I don't want some very wrong folks to get their hands on it.

1. The information about this driver was somehow posted here, so the answer went here as well.

2. I downloaded the driver from the Softpedia link you have posted on this forum. It is Acer branded and it does contain Vista-signed driver.

3. It's totally not your fault that this driver doesn't work and i'm not accusing you of anything here. (How could you know that a 1050TI driver signed for Vista doesn't work with 1050TI on Vista) Your post was indeed very useful. My theory here is that it works only with some very early (if not prototype) 1050TIs and older GPUs.

4. At least pls let us know your Siemens notebook model so we can buy that notebook and/or the driver.

11 hours ago, Dixel said:

Of course it doesn't , it's fake news. Do not get your hopes high , it won't be fixed by MS . What I can suggest to you , completely delete Win defender , it will lead to the faster startup process on haswell and the logon bug will appear much less . 

5. IMO it might have been fixed as this update was intended for Server 2008 only. It is also possible that Microsoft fixed this unintentionally by updating the HAL files

6. I would also recommend removing Windows Defender. :)

Edited by TSNH