[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

5 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

You must have all the Windows Vista updates for installing extended kernel, and then install Windows Server 2008 SHA2 updates.

Yes, I have installed them all, and my Vista is latest version (build 6003) and already installed the extended kernel. If I remodified the System32 DLLs, the system runs fine. But if I was trying to re-modify the Syswow64 DLLs, the BSOD happened when boot, showing STOP code c000007b {bad image}

4 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

Yes, I have installed them all

Last time I checked , you only need one update [ KB4467700 x64 ] to run this kernel version from December 2020 . I didn't try any newer versions (if there are any). 

P.S. This was performed by me in December , so something could be changed , but I doubt that.

Edited by Dixel
something could be changed , but I doubt that

* This update must be installed before the kernel , on a clean SP2 Vista. And then you instal this kernel as admin (important) . If you install any later updates , they may rewrite the kernel files and you'll get BSOD.

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

Last time I checked , you only need one update [ KB4467700 x64 ] to run this kernel version from December 2020 . I didn't try any newer versions (if there are any). 

P.S. This was performed by me in December , so something could be changed , but I doubt that.

Yes, I've already installed it too, and the extended kernel is already latest version (May 15, 2021). I'd to try adding new functions to System32 (x64) DLLs and it worked flawlessly. I also don't forget to update the checksum and rebuild the DLL header. But if I doing the same way to the SysWOW64 (x86) DLLs, the BSOD occurred with STOP code c000007b (bad image) during boot. The recently modified SysWOW64 dll by me might be corrupt or anything, but why did it happen? What did I do wrong? And how to fix that?

22 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

Yes, I've already installed it too, and the extended kernel is already latest version (May 15, 2021). I'd to try adding new functions to System32 (x64) DLLs and it worked flawlessly. I also don't forget to update the checksum and rebuild the DLL header. But if I doing the same way to the SysWOW64 (x86) DLLs, the BSOD occurred with STOP code c000007b (bad image) during boot. The recently modified SysWOW64 dll by me might be corrupt or anything, but why did it happen? What did I do wrong? And how to fix that?

Not "too" . you only need one update for that kernel . I'm sorry I do not know anything about the "May" release , simply because I didn't try anything later than December and it was in December (obviously). The December release worked absolutely fine with that one [ KB4467700 x64 ]update . Or wait for the author to answer. 

10 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

The latest version of MS Edge displays an error message like this:

106241515_WindowsVistaExtendedKernelBuild6003-2021-08-28-09-32-08.thumb.png.a85bec3edb9c096283fcd2f9bc9f1333.png

The Extended kernel is already in latest version (May 15, 2021)

only the very old ms edge works afaik. Chromium 72-75 level probably.

Edited by burd

Hey guys. Can someone please tell me which update was prerequired for installing the Extended Kernel? I usually install all patches up to 12/2017 and after installing the May Kernel, I get a BSOD about winload.efi

2 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

Hey guys. Can someone please tell me which update was prerequired for installing the Extended Kernel? I usually install all patches up to 12/2017 and after installing the May Kernel, I get a BSOD about winload.efi

updates up to april 2017 + kb4474419 and kb4493730 + updated root certificates

just said that a couple of days ago

Edited by winvispixp