[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

um. i reinstalled vista and now after installing the sha2 updates. and adding the extended kernel. every application that calls functions from something is taking it from ntext.dll (which i thought was depricated already) yes i even tried adding it to system32. help

error.jpg

Edited by ScrapMechanicFan2016

32 minutes ago, ScrapMechanicFan2016 said:

um. i reinstalled vista and now after installing the sha2 updates. and adding the extended kernel. every application that calls functions from something is taking it from ntext.dll (which i thought was depricated already) yes i even tried adding it to system32. help

error.jpg

nevermind that i fixed it by randomly trying things

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is extended kernel related, but sometimes when I wake my laptop from sleep mode, the wireless internet does not work and trying to configure a wireless network causes Explorer to freeze, requiring me to restart just to get it working again. This has happened on an Acer Aspire E1-531 and a Dell Latitude E6530. The Acer had Qualcomm Atheros for internet while the Dell (which I am currently using) has Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN. I should note that I did disable the "Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power", but it still does not fix the problem! Any help is greatly appreciated!

ok i did install it. but i got the problem again. i installed all the updates i did on my thinkpad under vista. but windows boot manager refuses to work. what did i do wrong this time. i installed the kernel like i normally do.

winload.efi

0xc0000428

Edited by ScrapMechanicFan2016

43 minutes ago, ScrapMechanicFan2016 said:

ok i did install it. but i got the problem again. i installed all the updates i did on my thinkpad under vista. but windows boot manager refuses to work. what did i do wrong this time. i installed the kernel like i normally do.

winload.efi

0xc0000428

never mind this i figured it out. i just had to restart with the original files and use the batch file to see how to manually do everything. since it keeps failing on its own

15 hours ago, ScrapMechanicFan2016 said:

winload.efi

0xc0000428

i've had the same problem in the past 

it worked after reinstalling vista and all updates (i don't know why sometimes it doesn't work; happened to me like 4 times)

How can you make the Extended Kernel and add new functions into the dll files? Is it so difficult? What are the programs do you use? And what are the things/files do you need? I tried it myself on SysWOW64 dlls, then the BSOD occured with error c000007b (bad image) when booting.