[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

On 2/20/2021 at 9:43 PM, drcs68 said:

Hello, I have a question... Will the extended kernel work on my 32 bit laptop running x86 windows vista ultimate?

Yes but its very limited, most of the progress has been made on 64bit.

I found out that SFC replaces the extended kernel files with the original unmodified versions. Running SFC every once in a while is important, but having to replace the files after every SFC scan is tiring. Is there any way to prevent this?

1 hour ago, PugLover13 said:

I found out that SFC replaces the extended kernel files with the original unmodified versions. Running SFC every once in a while is important, but having to replace the files after every SFC scan is tiring. Is there any way to prevent this?

You could run sfc /verifyonly (which does not “fix” anything if I remember correctly), then check CBS log to see if anything other than extended kernel files was found, but that does sound rather tedious to me.

11 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

You could run sfc /verifyonly (which does not “fix” anything if I remember correctly), then check CBS log to see if anything other than extended kernel files was found, but that does sound rather tedious to me.

And it is probably tedious.. But if you want a secure and working platform you've gotta suffer, I guess.

@win32 i recently got a razer mouse and dock but upon opening the razer synapse 3 i get this error any idea what could be the issue? i even tried using net framework 4.7.2

image_2021-02-22_222257.png

Edited by burd

I'm not sure about it, as it seems that .NET is a bit of a black hole as far as Vista is concerned. Versions 4.6.2 and above have some antipathy to Vista in some way, and I have trouble figuring it out.

1 minute ago, burd said:

did you tag me by mistake? lol

yeah i was quoting you from the synapse problem as i had it too. then noticed win32 replied already so i removed it.

Edited by ScrapMechanicFan2016