[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

On 2/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, Yilmaz04 said:

I don't know someone writed that but Chrome 88 is also working with extended kernel.

Yes , it sure does . And what about the adblocker ? I assume you have it installed. Does it work for you ? Actually blocking ads , not just writing that they are blocked.

22 hours ago, winvispixp said:

any news about the kernel / the progress made ? :D

There was an addition to the firewall API that allows newer versions of simplewall to run. But it turns out many of the other functions in the file are outdated which made it not function properly so no release for that yet. I also made modified versions of dbghelp/dbgcore which can be used for newer applications like Code::Blocks that need them in their program folders.

And then there's still the issue of ntoskrnl blocking modified ntdll and win32k. I seem to have detected the functions responsible for the checks of the image hashes (which will also be good for 7, 8.x and possibly even 10) but have yet to attempt a patch as I'm still quite busy.

Edited by win32

1 hour ago, win32 said:

There was an addition to the firewall API that allows newer versions of simplewall to run. But it turns out many of the other functions in the file are outdated which made it not function properly so no release for that yet. I also made modified versions of dbghelp/dbgcore which can be used for newer applications like Code::Blocks that need them in their program folders.

And then there's still the issue of ntoskrnl blocking modified ntdll and win32k. I seem to have detected the functions responsible for the checks of the image hashes (which will also be good for 7, 8.x and possibly even 10) but have yet to attempt a patch as I'm still quite busy.

Great to hear that progress is being made! :thumbup

Also, kinda off topic but here it goes

I "discovered" that if you uninstall kb4474419 the build number goes back to 6002 (from 6003) which was to be expected but do the updates that required it still "work" properly? (if that makes any sense) 

With the newest kernel Chromium 90 64bit (installed Ublock ver. 13.x.x) doesn't actually block ads . It says it blocks , but that's not the case.

Internal adblock logger says :

Uncaught (in promise) IO error: ...: Could not open/read directory (ChromeMethodBFE: 20::GetChildren::1)

The newest version of pale moon does not seem to work but I just found the one from oct 2020 and that loads just fine. The error code i get on pale moon 29.0.1 is 0xc0000005 failed to initialize properly. Maybe that can be fixed?

12 hours ago, cartpusher96 said:

The newest version of pale moon does not seem to work but I just found the one from oct 2020 and that loads just fine. The error code i get on pale moon 29.0.1 is 0xc0000005 failed to initialize properly. Maybe that can be fixed?

Delete api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-0.dll from the Pale Moon folder and then it will run, falling back to Vista-compatible binaries in system32 installed by the VC++ 2015-19 runtime. This is the second program broken by Windows 10-derived runtime libraries (Code::Blocks was the first).

Though in this case, there are no missing functions, but apparently that DLL delay-loads some functions that are certainly valid, but have ".dll" attached to them, making them invalid.

1 hour ago, win32 said:

Delete api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-0.dll from the Pale Moon folder and then it will run, falling back to Vista-compatible binaries in system32 installed by the VC++ 2015-19 runtime. This is the second program broken by Windows 10-derived runtime libraries (Code::Blocks was the first).

Though in this case, there are no missing functions, but apparently that DLL delay-loads some functions that are certainly valid, but have ".dll" attached to them, making them invalid.

how does it only affect vista though? it loads fine on 7 even though it is windows 10 dll?

50 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Perhaps requires SHA-2 support?

The DLL is signed only as SHA-2, but I don't believe that is the reason as Vista doesn't normally block execution of user-mode code with "invalid" signatures, and the other runtime DLLs packaged with PM are cut from the same cloth and work normally.

Hello. I would like to ask for help, I installed the kernel here (I found a link under the video on YouTube) and launched Waterfox Classic, it works perfectly, I started Steam then and it started (and then I downloaded a special patched version and then it is impossible to go to the game library there because it is not working browser engine), I decided to put Chrome 71 for the experiment, as a result, this is what I got (photo). And when I tried to put Firefox 68.0, she sent me saying that I needed Windows 7, I decided to try and put it in AdwWare, but he also sent me with the same claim to the OS version, I don’t know what to do, how can I get chrome with a fox and adware? Maybe if I start chrome then the steam library will work .... And I would also like to ask, how can I update this patch? Or maybe the version is just too old (I have the patch for December 2020 installed)? Can someone share a link to the current patch. Thanks in advance)

(I apologize for the mistakes in the text, I translated it through google translate)

Photo Chrome Error:1257565542_.thumb.jpg.515b6ee7fae46907fff6903a3d48475e.jpg

I haven't figured out how to get the Steam browser to work yet, though Chrome x64 and Firefox x64 should work easily if extracted from the installers (for the latter anyway) or downloaded as portables.

Not sure about Adware...

So i finally managed to do a clean install on my pc and install all the updates from the repo +2008 Updates. It took a whole day to install all of it but it was worth it.

Extended Kernel works amazingly well with Chromium 90. Websites load really fast and YouTube playback also works without any issues.. oh and it's great to have Aero Glass back. The only thing that is kinda buggy are some extensions that just doesn't want to install "Details: "Default locale is defined but default data couldn't be loaded."

I also tried to install Steam but it refuses to start since it detects the OS and won't install the update. (currently using my december 2018 backup i made)

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by GTAGAME