[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

14 minutes ago, tamarindojuice said:

Yes, i deleted the post cause first of all i wrote it with helping other people here in mind, but it feels like nobody didin't even bother to read it or even noticed it, so i decided just to remove the post cause i felt like talking alone among another people talking.

That's *NOT* the right attitude at all: when one posts something one deems useful, but then nobody else seems to notice it nor react to it, that content ought to be let stand, nonetheless. We here post to help others, even if we never get any feedback on it, let alone any kudos. To delete the content out of spite for being ignored is very much frowned upon here (even if it's quite typical of the worst the 21st century has brought us: an oversensitive generation). :wacko:

1 hour ago, dencorso said:

That's *NOT* the right attitude at all: when one posts something one deems useful, but then nobody else seems to notice it nor react to it, that content ought to be let stand, nonetheless. We here post to help others, even if we never get any feedback on it, let alone any kudos. To delete the content out of spite for being ignored is very much frowned upon here (even if it's quite typical of the worst the 21st century has brought us: an oversensitive generation). :wacko:

Hah, I have never seen people who, because of ignorance, deleted their post. Like, what's the difference? Maybe someone uses his advice, they just don't write about it, because they don't see any very important reason in this. If they want to ask or write something, they will write, just don’t need to be angry that message being ignored. IMHO, I repeat, but it's strange that this person deleted the message due to the fact that his appeal is simply ignored (personal opinion - nothing more)

16 hours ago, win32 said:

And also, I compared Opera 47 (last to load all extensions) and 48 (first with problems) myself. A new locale-related function is called by 48: EnumSystemLocalesEx. ResolveLocaleName is imported by both.

Hi , I'd like to add . All versions starting from Opera 69 do NOT remember extensions' settings . They revert all settings to default if the browser is re-launched. Chromium is even worse . It simply turns them off (tested on chrome 86). I mean the extensions without locale settings , which I managed to install.

6 hours ago, tamarindojuice said:

Yes, i did, and i re-enabled the Windows Update as the Server 2008 only (even my MSE is self updating now :D), i just hide the Meltdown and Spectre patches (KB4341832, KB4090450, KB4089229)...

I hesitate to go OT over a parenthetical remark, but your MSE version number is 4.4.304.0, correct? (I wish there was a way to get 4.10.209.0 working on Vista again.)

On 12/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, Dixel said:

Please tell , the buit in adblock is updating lists in your case ? My aero isn't working too.

its broken for me , both aero and extensions

On 12/6/2020 at 3:57 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

I hesitate to go OT over a parenthetical remark, but your MSE version number is 4.4.304.0, correct? (I wish there was a way to get 4.10.209.0 working on Vista again.)

--

Edited by tamarindojuice

15 hours ago, tamarindojuice said:

Yes, i did, and i re-enabled the Windows Update as the Server 2008 only (even my MSE is self updating now :D), i just hide the Meltdown and Spectre patches (KB4341832, KB4090450, KB4089229) cause i did not want to lose performance on such an old Computer/CPU as mine Vista machine. Everything is up to date to the latest patches working pretty well and doing fine with the latest EXKernel november build.

I did not notice any loss on performance or slowdown comparing it to the Vista EOL 2017.

Hear, hear @Dixel

I wanted to keep the Server 2008 updates and also the extended kernel, so I thought the best solution to my problem would be uninstalling the Meltdown and Spectre patches that I carelessly installed. Turns out, it worked! Tested this with the latest November build of the extended kernel and also Opera browser, worked just fine (though I have deleted opera browser as I don't use it)!! 

12 hours ago, tamarindojuice said:

Or the 21st century has brought us people on forums who likes to jump to conclusions and brag like this to pose as an upper person. I deleted it just cause i felt it was not helpful to anyone since they were just talking about it but after my post the whole thing continued going on the same way, i thought maybe my own experience with this on my specific hardware could (maybe) not drive universally to the same results to everyone...  So i deleted it before folks could try it and get nowhere misunderstanding my true intention,

furthermore that looked to me like being invasive to another people talking with a solution that could not even solve anything in the end, so i deleted it.

If you give yourself a chance to not judge me like this and throw stones talking about a whole "generation" where supposedly everyone is the same and lower than you, just read some pages of this thread carefully and you will notice how much i use to try to do my best in helping anyone regarding things i did learned by myself or from others and i never asked for any kudos or any kind of solace.

Don't spread nonsense. This topic is about Windows Vista extended kernel, let's keep it clean, next time you feel in need to brag shoot me at PM please.

I wanna back with @dencorso . I can go a long way describing the ugliest things that 21st century has brought. But I guess that makes no sense, since you most likely don't remember the 20th. I totally agree with him about "oversensitive generation" , I have a girlfriend , almost 20 years yonger than me , and she is so oversensitive , oh boy . Literally about everything that previous generations wouldn't even notice . But you're right , we should keep this topic clean , so I'll refrain from it . I'm just saying that your "solution" is not working in my case (but @dencorso is right again , you shouldn't delete , it could be somewhat useful to others), and the instructions that were given by our guru  @win32 (local , no updates after April 2017 , etc ) are 100% bullet proof.

By the way , how things are going under this "virus" "lockdown" in your favourite 21st century ? (rhetorical question) 

"lockdown" is a prison term , but that seems to be ok with most of young people/millenials ?!   (rhetorical too) 

Rhetorical means you don't have to write an answer , so I'm not waiting for one .

I really hope you'll keep in balance after reading this, please don't get nervous.  

3 hours ago, burd said:

guys please stop tagging win32(or anyone) unless necessary, his notifications must be getting spammed hard

Yes , you're right  . I just thought it was necesary to tag a supervisor so he could intervene and keep this topic clean , also add a function where one could be able to block members . Besides , I've already asked a user (not pointing fingers at anyone) to stop disturbing win32 and me with longish texts containing the same questions over again . Please tell , is there a "block user" function over here ? I can see only "ignore" , but that isn't helping.

2 hours ago, gerona12 said:

How to install ExKernel November? I running cmd file, not replacing files.....

Did you make sure to run as admin? And also, the file replacing only works once during an OS session (so only run the installer once). After that you must reboot before trying again.