[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

3 hours ago, win32 said:

I added that function awhile back (early July). You did the .local thing with my kernel32, right?

Yes , everything like you wrote before . Yet again it confirms that redirection doesn't work. Your files are dated November 13th.

Just now, Dixel said:

Yes , everything like you wrote before . Yet again it confirms that redirection doesn't work. Your files are dated November 13th.

Have you applied this reg entry (and rebooted)?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]
"DevOverrideEnable"=dword:00000001

3 hours ago, win32 said:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]

Yes , of course . Actually redirection somewhat works , but not the point of actually working . I mean, before I made the redirection, many games demonstrated absolutely another type of errors .

6 hours ago, win32 said:

I have just copied the whole game folder to another disk (not the system HDD) and now it doesn't want K32EnumProcessModulesEx in KERNEL32.dll anymore ! Now it says 0xC000007B all over again , like many other games. Edit : tried to run as admin , all the same. Actually redirection somewhat works , but there is this brick wall with 0xC000007B. Edit : this is the official DEMO, NONE of the files are modified.

Edited by Dixel

Hey @win32, could you try to get Kingston SSD manager working on Vista with extended kernel (it is a Windows 8+ only application) ? I don't know whether it is purely x86 or x64 as Dependency Walker says that the .exe installer and one .dll are x86 in nature. I think all the other dlls are purely x64 (I'm not very knowledgeable with dll customisation and kernel extensions lol)Capture.JPG.49011240f16abc1fcdee04ef67f372f3.JPGCapture2.thumb.JPG.7c2f95f665f0e979549c55e6c0c0c5d4.JPG

Edited by TECHGEEK

On 11/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, win32 said:

Hi , I think I found what' going on, several functions are missing from your file RtlLookupFunctionEntry , RtlPcToFileHeader , RtlUnwindEx ,  RtlVirtualUnwind  (these seems to be the most inportant) . I wasn't sleeping and I've tried to add files from W7 , no success , but the error chanded to "0xC00000FD" . After several unsuccessful launches , I placed back your files and  just opened the .exe with Dependency walker to confirm , yep missing. 

Edit 1 : also the game wants these RtlCompareMemory , TryAcquireSRWLockShared , 

LdrWx86FormatVirtualImage , NtWow64WriteVirtualMemory64

NtWow64QueryInformationProcess64 , NtWow64ReadVirtualMemory64 , RtlExtendedLargeIntegerDivide , 

RtlInitializeExceptionChain , RtlSetUserCallbackExceptionFilter

_alldiv , _allmul, _alloca_probe , _allshl , _aulldiv , _aulldvrm , _aullrem , _chkstk

Edit 2 : It seems to me the game is protected with steam libraries , and steam makes these calls to those in the "Edit 1" section.

Edited by Dixel

May I ask why Spotify is not working with Extended Kernel? Is it a 32bit Application? I feel like Vista could have the potential to become an Everyday-OS again, if we find a way to make Office 2013/Office 365 or LibreOffice work. I really want to use OneNote 2013+ on Vista, as my OneNote for Windows 10 files do not open on OneNote 2010. Thats really sad and alongside Spotify, the reason why I am still unsure whether I should use Vista or 7.  By the way, which Antivirus program do you guys use? Is there anyone which works with Extended Kernel?

1 minute ago, Dixel said:

What's the latest status about the extended kernel and Intel Haswell HD graphics , please tell me . I have a 8 year old laptop with device ID " GT1ULT " .

Last time I tried it, I was unable to get it working

8 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

May I ask why Spotify is not working with Extended Kernel? Is it a 32bit Application? I feel like Vista could have the potential to become an Everyday-OS again, if we find a way to make Office 2013/Office 365 or LibreOffice work. I really want to use OneNote 2013+ on Vista, as my OneNote for Windows 10 files do not open on OneNote 2010. Thats really sad and alongside Spotify, the reason why I am still unsure whether I should use Vista or 7.  By the way, which Antivirus program do you guys use? Is there anyone which works with Extended Kernel?

Hi , you should definitely return to Vista as your main OS , I don't know anything about Spotify, but I'm sure Mallware bytes 3.5.1 is working and Comodo firewall too , you can look up the last working version in this section below

Have you tried Ashampoo Office ? 

6 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

I got Office 2019 installer running yesterday, but the version check is very complicated. RtlGetVersion is not enough. Seems like it's checking more than that (using version.dll), which I haven't figured out yet.

I do believe that Spotify is 32 bit.

Edited by win32

27 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Hi , you should definitely return to Vista as your main OS , I don't know anything about Spotify, but I'm sure Mallware bytes 3.5.1 is working and Comodo firewall too

I use Comodo 10.0.1.6294

All official downloads for it are dead, and post I link to a download disappears, so I won't link it.

There was this one beta copy of Comodo 10 that worked better, but there's no offline installers that I can find for it.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, win32 said:

I wonder what happens if you try launching this Chromium 72:

So I've finally managed to launch chromium ungoogled 86.0.4240.183 64bit , after I deleted a ton of junk/bloatware bundled within , but it shows this famous blank page with "Aw , snap" Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. The thing I liked , it uses native Vista Aero.

26 minutes ago, Dixel said:

So I've finally managed to launch chromium ungoogled 86.0.4240.183 64bit , after I deleted a ton of junk/bloatware bundled within , but it shows this famous blank page with "Aw , snap" Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. The thing I liked , it uses native Vista Aero.

Got a link? I could try it