[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

12 minutes ago, win32 said:

Are you using 64bit Firefox? Did you apply the reg from the extended kernel folder? Did you make a file named firefox.exe.local in the Firefox folder?

Yes, I am using Firefox 78 64 bit, I applied the DLLredirectionenabler reg file and created the file but despite that it keeps showing me that error ):

Edit: I restarted the VM and now the error is "The application has failed to start because WINMM.dll was not found."

Edited by LongLifeXP

17 minutes ago, tamarindojuice said:

Not trying to kidnap the thread, but theres any trick to make HTML5 videos playable on Firefox?

I can't play lives on youtube neither vids on Twitter...

Copy over the W7 versions of mf.dll, mfplat.dll plus msmpeg2adec.dll and msmpeg2vdec.dll to system32. You may have to use a tool like CFF Explorer to change the Operating System and Subsystem Versions from 6.1/6.2 to 6.0 before applying these files to your system.

19 minutes ago, LongLifeXP said:

Yes, I am using Firefox 78 64 bit, I applied the DLLredirectionenabler reg file and created the file but despite that it keeps showing me that error ):

Edit: I restarted the VM and now the error is "The application has failed to start because WINMM.dll was not found."

You're not the first one who has reported that error. You'll have to find it somewhere, since it's a pretty standard Windows system file.

12 hours ago, win32 said:

You're not the first one who has reported that error. You'll have to find it somewhere, since it's a pretty standard Windows system file.

Copied but still nothing! When I open firefox I have other errors on some api dlls (api-ms-win-core-errorhandling-l1-1-1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem) and after I click OK a another error window with the Firefox icon that says "Couldn't load XPCOM". 

This is a mission impossible!

1 hour ago, asdf2345 said:

I don't really trust ISO's like those.

I have downloaded it without problems on VM. Just scroll down the page and click on Download Torrent (no registration needed, that's all bul*****) and if you have uTorrent installed the download will start automatically. Also in that ISO there is also an activator so you don't need a Product Key.
The choice is yours...

Edited by dencorso
Banned on Rule #1

5 minutes ago, LongLifeXP said:

I have downloaded it without problems on VM. Just scroll down the page and click on Download Torrent (no registration needed, that's all bul*****) and if you have uTorrent installed the download will start automatically. Also in that ISO there is also an activator so you don't need a Product Key.
The choice is yours...

I think you might want to delete the link before any admins get on

On 8/28/2020 at 11:57 PM, win32 said:

File temporarily pulled due to quality control issues.

Reveal hidden contents

I have just uploaded two new files: osloader.exe (winload.exe) and ntkrnlmp.exe (ntoskrnl.exe).

Two modifications have been made:

-Code integrity checks have been disabled

-Version number of ntkrnlmp.exe is 6.1.6002

To use these files, copy them to your system32 folder (x64 only, of course!). Then enter CMD and do these commands:

bcdedit /copy {current} /d "Windows Vista Unlocked"

Keep note of the value you get in this form: {91274567-89ab-cdef-00ff-nca000ffffff}. Replace yours with whatever value you get.

bcdedit /set {91274567-89ab-cdef-00ff-nca000ffffff} nointegritychecks 1

bcdedit /set {91274567-89ab-cdef-00ff-nca000ffffff} path \Windows\system32\osloader.exe

bcdedit /set {91274567-89ab-cdef-00ff-nca000ffffff} kernel ntkrnlmp.exe

Installation media with these files replacing the existing MS ones may be capable of loading unsigned drivers, like USB 3.x drivers.

The version change to 6.1 was done because I found out that some drivers react negatively to the "wrong" OS version number. For example, some NVIDIA XP drivers fail to load on pre-reset Longhorn builds because they're NT 6.0, AMD drivers seem to arbitrarily reject Windows 8 and new NVIDIA drivers do the same for early Windows 10 releases. I'd like to hear results from Ryzen and NVIDIA Pascal series GPU users.

when will you re-release it , still awaiting it :)

I discovered that I was unable to load ntoskrnl even if I replaced the MS signature with a custom one. This method is used in a tutorial to reinstate proper PAE support in Vista x86.

9 minutes ago, burd said:

when will you re-release it , still awaiting it :)

I think bootmgr needs to be modified as well in order for it to work.

But I've had a few other things happen in my life lately (for example, right now, most sounds, sound warped to me) so I haven't been able to do as much as I've wanted to do so. And then I'm still trying to work out ntdll and LoadLibraryExW.