[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

4 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

I followed your instructions, however when I open Export Table Tester, it doesnt show K32... there is basically nothing new to the kernel, although I added all of the non zero code starting at 000BCF50. Im currently on 6.0.6002.18005 (installed every update till EOL). What should I do?

Capture.JPG

this isnt needed now , you can request win32 personally for the files , i have the link but it would be rude to share without his permission , so its best you ask personally. :)

Edited by burd

Would it be possible to make a patcher that identifies the method to add the functions for the user's Vista install, and modifies the dlls without the user having to fool around and possibly break something?

3 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Would it be possible to make a patcher that identifies the method to add the functions for the user's Vista install, and modifies the dlls without the user having to fool around and possibly break something?

Any can someone pls make a YT Video and show everything from the kernel replacement to the new software versions

On 6/29/2020 at 4:01 PM, win32 said:

How will Tobin feel about this? :P

pale-moon-is-working.png

There has only been one minor glitch where the title/URL/bookmark/tab bar briefly expanded when I was on YouTube. But I may have seen it before on 2012R2. Waterfox Classic 2020.3.1 is working too, but only in non-e10s mode (same as Pale Moon). I need to finish up SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID in shell32.dll before e10s will work, it appears.

I finished implementing CoGetApartmentType in ole32.dll, and it appears that dwmapi.dll is OK with stubs since the OS doesn't actually use the functions that newer Firefox-based browsers ask of that file. And there are some extra functions in user32.dll and uxtheme.dll that will be needed to make Firefox 68.9 ESR happy.

More updates: K32GetModuleInformation will be added to kernel32 to accommodate SeaMonkey 2.53.x.

And the thing that keeps e10s from working in Waterfox is that earlier one part of SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID was bugged in a way similar to that of SetThreadErrorMode a few pages back. Problem is that NtQueryInformationProcess is not imported by the original Vista file, and there is no room to expand the import table (and I haven't found a good way to move import tables in x64 binaries yet). So first I tried adding NtQueryInformationProcess as a subroutine to shell32.dll. But that causes waterfox to crash with a BEX64 error (related to DEP/NX). And NtQueryInformationProcess has a syscall function in it. According to Intel 64 manual, syscall is a "Fast call to privilege level 0 system procedures". And as such, it is inappropriate for shell32 and should only be in ntdll.

Edited by THK2003
because i didn't get the download link

1 minute ago, THK2003 said:

My computer hasn't  been updated yet

So you just have SP2 with no further updates? I recommend having at least Platform Update and Platform Update Supplement. If not that, then try updating to Vista's EOL (my level of updating) or even use the later Server 2008 updates.

1 hour ago, yoltboy01 said:

just found that video which demonstrates Quantum on Vista. WinClient was that your video?

I thought it was you, considering that the browsers are in German (yeah I actually did a DDG search for "Vista extended kernel" yesterday). What's funny though is that one of the recommended videos is "RIP Windows Vista 2006-2020", posted a few hours ago. :buehehe:

23 minutes ago, win32 said:

I thought it was you, considering that the browsers are in German (yeah I actually did a DDG search for "Vista extended kernel" yesterday). What's funny though is that one of the recommended videos is "RIP Windows Vista 2006-2020", posted a few hours ago. :buehehe:

Nah haha I dont have a YT channel, but I can create one and also do a video if you want about Google Earth Pro or Chromium maybe? Since the kernel is your work, I wouldnt do anything without your permission bro

Edited by yoltboy01