How use Windows Legacy Update with .WLU extension

Windows Legacy Update by @blackwingcat http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm has a nice collection of unofficial updates for Windows 2000 & XP. Many of these files have the .WLU extension
But I don't know how to run these files.
Apparently these files are created with the IExpress packager by adding the WLU extension to them.
The only instructions to execute them are in Japanese and they are reduced to one sentence.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1995327.html
Translated into English is:
"To use it, associate the WLU file downloaded from the WLU site and open it, or open it in D&D."
I try to associate files.WLU to "wlupdate14.cab" but this is not possible. I have tried to unzip it and the result is the same.
If I try to run the file that contains "wlupdate.vbe" a message appears saying "Drag & Drop WLU file". I try but nothing happens.
Is it possible that a person using "Windows Legacy Update" can clarify the question?

I just dragged a wlu file (WindowsLU-KB975599-v3-intl.wlu) to wlupdate.vbe and it ran the hotfix installer.

If you continue to have issues with WLU, you can simply extract the WLU files to a folder and run the included cmd/update.exe/etc.

A message comes out, a message pops up asking for the user.
But then nothing happens. I have tried on w2000 and XP with the same result.
797061904_mensajeantesdeinstalarWindowsScriptsHost5.8tachado.jpg.477c7b8e6cceb51cadc87c95f86f918a.jpg
So I have manually installed on both systems Windows Scripts Host 5.8 for Windows 2000-XP (english) (2020-05) WindowsLU-Script58-v6-x86-int.wlu and now on both systems I have 2 errors when trying to execute files with .WLU extension
"Script engine not found on wlupdate.vbe"
VBScript.Encode.jpg.f22622b2c98992053e1cd0f73fb39a39.jpg

Entry point not found swprintf_s on msvcrt.dll

1712590687_WScript.exeswprintf_S.jpg.74cb043dc4292b0a7f4c77a9ab13930a.jpg

I don't know if this error is possible because Windows Scripts Host 5.8 is in English and my system is in Spanish.

Can this have other consequences?
Is it possible to reverse the process of installing Windows Scripts Host 5.8?

On XP I have uninstalled Windows Scrip Host 5.8 in "add or remove programs" and the problem has been solved.

On Windows 2000 I have reset the registry, installed Windows Scripts Host 5.7, reinstalled SP4 & UR1v.2, reinstalled IE6SP1 but the error still appears.

On windows 2000 I can`t uninstall WHS because the programs list in "add or remove programs"
has stopped loading. The list is empty and blank. Nothing appears. Neither WHS nor any other program.

How can I manually uninstall WSH on w2000?

or how can I retrieve programs list in add or remove programs?

Edit:

I have uninstalled Windows Scrip Host on Windows 2000
https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/247515/program-is-not-listed-in-add-remove-programs-after-installation

Regedit
Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall
And find the program to uninstall
The path to uninstall is in Uninstallstring

Path to Uninstall Windows Script Host
C: \ WINNT \ $ NtUninstallscripten $ \ spuninst \ spuninst.exe

But although I have uninstalled it, the same error messages continue on Windows 2000 when trying to execute .WLU with wlupdate.vbe and the programs list in "add or remove programs" continues without being visible.
I installed IE 6.0 SP1 full version and now the error messages no longer appear and "add or remove programs" works again
It seems that "add or remove programs" depends on Windows Script Host.
.WLU drag & drop with "wlupdate.vbe" returns as before. This asks for a user and then nothing else happens.

Edited by Cixert
solved error message

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 1:43 PM, Cixert said:

A message comes out, a message pops up asking for the user.
But then nothing happens. I have tried on w2000 and XP with the same result.
797061904_mensajeantesdeinstalarWindowsScriptsHost5.8tachado.jpg.477c7b8e6cceb51cadc87c95f86f918a.jpg
So I have manually installed on both systems Windows Scripts Host 5.8 for Windows 2000-XP (english) (2020-05) WindowsLU-Script58-v6-x86-int.wlu and now on both systems I have 2 errors when trying to execute files with .WLU extension
"Script engine not found on wlupdate.vbe"
VBScript.Encode.jpg.f22622b2c98992053e1cd0f73fb39a39.jpg

Entry point not found swprintf_s on msvcrt.dll

1712590687_WScript.exeswprintf_S.jpg.74cb043dc4292b0a7f4c77a9ab13930a.jpg

I don't know if this error is possible because Windows Scripts Host 5.8 is in English and my system is in Spanish.

Can this have other consequences?
Is it possible to reverse the process of installing Windows Scripts Host 5.8?

On XP I have uninstalled Windows Scrip Host 5.8 in "add or remove programs" and the problem has been solved.

On Windows 2000 I have reset the registry, installed Windows Scripts Host 5.7, reinstalled SP4 & UR1v.2, reinstalled IE6SP1 but the error still appears.

On windows 2000 I can`t uninstall WHS because the programs list in "add or remove programs"
has stopped loading. The list is empty and blank. Nothing appears. Neither WHS nor any other program.

How can I manually uninstall WSH on w2000?

or how can I retrieve programs list in add or remove programs?

Edit:

I have uninstalled Windows Scrip Host on Windows 2000
https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/247515/program-is-not-listed-in-add-remove-programs-after-installation

Regedit
Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

But although I have uninstalled it, the same error messages continue on Windows 2000 when trying to execute .WLU with wlupdate.vbe and the programs list in "add or remove programs" continues without being visible.
I installed IE 6.0 SP1 full version and now the error messages no longer appear and "add or remove programs" works again
It seems that "add or remove programs" depends on Windows Script Host.
.WLU drag & drop with "wlupdate.vbe" returns as before. This asks for a user and then nothing else happens.

Hi.

WLUpdate requires administrator.

Is your account user ?

On 6/18/2020 at 6:09 AM, blackwingcat said:

Hi.

WLUpdate requires administrator.

Is your account user ?

Yes, I am administrator.
I have tried with several computers on Windows 2000 and Windows XP in Spanish. On Windows 2000 with administrator and on Windows XP with personal user account with administrator permissions.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:30 AM, Cixert said:

Yes, I am administrator.
I have tried with several computers on Windows 2000 and Windows XP in Spanish. On Windows 2000 with administrator and on Windows XP with personal user account with administrator permissions.

Did you solve the problem "Entry point not found swprintf_s on msvcrt.dll" ?

It seems to require Extended kernel [Vista version msvcrt ].

the WLU update can work  WHS 5.7.

If you want to uninstall WHS

- run cmd.exe

- cd to system32

- ternminate explorer.exe with task manager

- del the following files

cscript.exe

wscrupt.exe

dispex.dll
jscript.dll
scrobj.dll
scrrun.dll
vbscript.dll
wshcon.dll
wshext.dll

Edited by blackwingcat

On 6/29/2020 at 2:25 AM, blackwingcat said:

Did you solve the problem "Entry point not found swprintf_s on msvcrt.dll" ?

It seems to require Extended kernel [Vista version msvcrt ].

the WLU update can work  WHS 5.7.

On my computers WLU does not work with WHS 5.7, the message appears asking me for other user although I am an administrator.
Is it possible that I have a service or function disabled?
I managed to uninstall WHS 5.8 on w2000 as I indicated above.

Regedit
Go to:

After I installed IE 6.0 SP1 full version with WHS 5.7

Edited by Cixert