Win2K Fully Patched ISO ?

Just mentioning for the record I have my original hologram style Win2K CD still but not used Win2K for MANY years. I used to mess with nLite for XP a lot building custom unattended setups etc.  Now thinking to have a play again with Win2K and KernelEx etc but there are TOO many options and patches to install!

Obviously we'd want to start with an SP4 ISO but I am somewhat surprised we don't have a single (or a few) sources of packs that can be integrated with nLite or similar to build a fully patched ISO. Watched some videos and people are installing pages of patches after SP4 install. I suspect many people who want to run W2K will use multicore CPUs now so thread on that topic is relevant.

Just wondering if anyone has done a nice Wiki page or a guide post as to how to assemble that "perfect" ISO ?? I'd do it myself but I really don't feel I have a clue these days....

7 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Just mentioning for the record I have my original hologram style Win2K CD still but not used Win2K for MANY years. I used to mess with nLite for XP a lot building custom unattended setups etc.  Now thinking to have a play again with Win2K and KernelEx etc but there are TOO many options and patches to install!

Obviously we'd want to start with an SP4 ISO but I am somewhat surprised we don't have a single (or a few) sources of packs that can be integrated with nLite or similar to build a fully patched ISO. Watched some videos and people are installing pages of patches after SP4 install. I suspect many people who want to run W2K will use multicore CPUs now so thread on that topic is relevant.

Just wondering if anyone has done a nice Wiki page or a guide post as to how to assemble that "perfect" ISO ?? I'd do it myself but I really don't feel I have a clue these days....

people will mention using HFSLIP + USP 5.1 + blackwingcat's sata drivers, however, i'm not of a fan of the unofficial SP 5.1 ( it's known to have bugs ) whether slipstreamed into nlite or not, and the HFSLIP thing, i don't know much on it. blackwingcat's sata drivers is the most straightforward, as it simply adds the option of installing on newer systems with sata controllers only and / or no IDE mode, however, this method might only work up till 1st gen intel, at least, 2nd and 3rd gen intel systems have a usb related issue that needs tinkering with usb related files to allow detection and proper installation in setup and thereafter ( i have modified the usb.in_ file as mentioned by someone else as a possible solution, but yet to test ). i'm not sure on amd builds, i was not able to get a 2011 amd a4-3300m system to get past the "Setup is starting windows 2000" part, unless i choose f5 standard pc option, but i didn't wan't to install with acpi disabled, besides the laptop not being mine. 

you also have the extended core option to slipstream, however, i haven't gotten a full answer of how to properly implement it. one way would be to slipstream the original executable package, another way apparently involves replacing all of the relevant .SY_ files / and .sys files, etc, from driver.cab / sp4.cab with what the extended core contains. this can be done with cabmaker 1.4. the issue is, it's unclear whether there is a "Best" combination of files and package that would work well for newer systems, ("forward compatible") and older systems, ( "backwards compatible" ). the usb fix probably shouldn't hurt, but it's speculative so far on whether it will actually provide the intended solution. the system i have to test unfortunately isn't intel 2nd / 3rd gen, it's only ich9m i think, so i won't able to confirm the solution, and i may or may not be implementing the other extended core related fixes, i'll have to see if i can get more information on what to do. 

i would say to work your way up, keep a backup folder of certain files or things yet tested and first go with what's absolutely needed at first which would most likely just be only the blackwingcat's sata drivers. use that first, if setup has issues, try working with bios settings, perhaps disable ps/2 port / floppy disk controllers, etc. if none of those work, and you still get hanging such as the "Setup is starting windows 2000", then either you'll need to figure out a way to modify the 2K installation files, slipstream extended core, and / or use the usb fix, and sometimes, the updated acpi fixes from extended core and other things may not be enough, and that's just a limitation of the motherboard / system, though f5 standard pc is still an option, but limited to single core / no acpi. 

This should be a good starting point:

HFSLIP does not rely on USP 5.1.

Remember to:

-only use nLite (for integrating AHCI drivers) before running HFSLIP

-not integrate the .NET addons as they don't work very well

-disable UAC while running HFSLIP on an NT6 system

It should be possible to manually integrate the extended core files (only necessary on UEFI-era hardware usually) in a separate (or maybe in the same) HFSLIP run as it can replace files and rebuild the cabinet files. Though I need to refresh myself on this subject. The new v16e is stable as I'm using it on my main workstation with no instability after extensive usage of web browsers, 3D gaming, VMs (as a host) etc.

Extended kernel is a little tricky though it should be possible through manual file replacement (it could be through HFSLIP as well). Problem is that there are so many options (SSE2 or no SSE optimizations, enabling sets of Vista functions, WineD3D modules etc.) and there are now new projects growing out of it (like a new ntdll.dll with more functions than BWC's latest file). You may just want to install after installing the OS.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 6:52 PM, cov3rt said:

people will mention using HFSLIP + USP 5.1 + blackwingcat's sata drivers, however, i'm not of a fan of the unofficial SP 5.1 ( it's known to have bugs ) whether slipstreamed into nlite or not, and the HFSLIP thing, i don't know much on it. blackwingcat's sata drivers is the most straightforward, as it simply adds the option of installing on newer systems with sata controllers only and / or no IDE mode, however, this method might only work up till 1st gen intel, at least, 2nd and 3rd gen intel systems have a usb related issue that needs tinkering with usb related files to allow detection and proper installation in setup and thereafter ( i have modified the usb.in_ file as mentioned by someone else as a possible solution, but yet to test ).

Please, Which USB.inf modification do you say?

On 6/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, Cixert said:

Please, Which USB.inf modification do you say?

like i said, it's an untested / unclear modification, but if you wan't to give it a shot yourself, i have uploaded the file below, you'll have to take care of the rest of the steps. 

USB.IN_

Thanks @cov3rt and @win32 for the advice. I think I am gonna pass for now...  Tried installing XP on a Core2Duo box and had so much hassle I thought I'd nLite an XP with unattended setup... and found nLite hates running on Win10 and it so much hassle. Maybe if I find some patched XP and 2K on some warez site I might install but for now my "retro" OS is gonna be Win7 LOL!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,is there a possible to download Windows 2000 bootable image included new drivers ?

I have PC with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 and I'm getting blue screen with 0x0000007B error code, when I trying install W2k.

Probable some driver are needed.

3 hours ago, Caporeira said:

Hi,is there a possible to download Windows 2000 bootable image included new drivers ?

I have PC with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 and I'm getting blue screen with 0x0000007B error code, when I trying install W2k.

I think it's against TOS to distribute modified ISOs here.

However, you should be able to make one yourself somewhat easily.

Have you followed the steps here? https://w2k.phreaknet.org/guide

• 5 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, cov3rt said:

(...), however, i'm not of a fan of the unofficial SP 5.1 ( it's known to have bugs ) whether slipstreamed into nlite or not, (...)

Indeed. It was mentioned here:

Yes, the USP 5.1 installs buggy USB drivers from one of the hotfixes. Check 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 4:09 PM, Caporeira said:

you can create ISO with blackwingcat hfslip version 2014 : http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1763141.html

• 8 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 6:19 AM, Methanoid said:

Now thinking to have a play again with Win2K and KernelEx etc but there are TOO many options and patches to install!

Obviously we'd want to start with an SP4 ISO but I am somewhat surprised we don't have a single (or a few) sources of packs that can be integrated with nLite or similar to build a fully patched ISO. Watched some videos and people are installing pages of patches after SP4 install.

I used Onepiece's Windows 2000 postSP4 Update Pack and integrated it using the RyanVM Integrator. I could have used nLite, but I had never used the RyanVM Integrator before and was curious to see how it compared with nLite.

For more information, see:

Onepiece Win2k postSP4 UpdatePack v5.0.3 FINAL

Only one download link for that update pack still works, which is this one:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5EBubruZ8REZThfN2ZsTktMQ0U

On 10/22/2023 at 3:06 AM, pcalvert said:

I used Onepiece's Windows 2000 postSP4 Update Pack and integrated it using the RyanVM Integrator. I could have used nLite, but I had never used the RyanVM Integrator before and was curious to see how it compared with nLite.

For more information, see:

Onepiece Win2k postSP4 UpdatePack v5.0.3 FINAL

Only one download link for that update pack still works, which is this one:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5EBubruZ8REZThfN2ZsTktMQ0U

Hi, I'm the current developer.
I oversee all Onepiece's work.
and 5eraph  x64
The new version has removed Flash Player because it is not compatible with Windows 2000.
There are no plans to add Windows 2000 ESU updates to UpdatePacks.

https://mega.nz/folder/NQ8FjY5R#PcVoYJw4Nm-oKbbrS2D55A

If you want to use this program besides nLite
https://github.com/XPMilkChan/Dev-for-UpdatesPacks/blob/main/RVM Integrator 1.6.1b2.1.zip