how to edit an executable package and recompile it back to .exe with updated files so that it works exactly like it did before?

cov3rt

i'm in desperate need of a solution for trying to edit a executable package so that i can replace some buggy files in it with stable files. unfortunately, the person or people who were trying to assist me in using the package have not responded for several days, and other forum members don't provide any proper help, ( they don't factor in everything i wrote for the questions i ask for one ). 

so basically, there is an nlite add on and apparently some kind of executable package ( at least what i presume ) that you can integrate in nlite, but i don't have this exe version. all i was given was a zipped package of files, however, this can't be integrated into nlite, so now i just hit a brick wall on what to do. the thread is below where the user posted a picture of nlite integration of extended kernel v16a, but i was not able to do this and i do not know which version was being used! -

there is also another package, specifically the unofficial service pack 3.64 for windows 98SE, which i need a lighter version, however, being that people are busy apparently, it's unclear when i'll get a response from the guy who made the package as i sent him a message a few days ago. he was nice enough to make me a "light" version of his own a while back, however, it was different from what i was looking for, because there were things removed that weren't supposed to me ( despite mentioning what exactly what i wanted out of it ), and the structure of the package was different so it ended up being useless and i never used it. i messaged him a few days ago to see if i can get a redo or w.e, but it's unclear when i'll get a response and whether he could actually provide the solution i'm looking for exactly the way as needed.