Windows 20h1 warning

Seems the workaround with replacing dll system ( DWMcore ) from previous builds ( see topics about )  doesn't work under imminent W10 May update ( windows 19041 aka 20h1 / 2004 ) and can brick your system at boot doing that . 

4 hours ago, innuendo33 said:

imminent W10 May update

:blink: "imminent" ???

Now, instead of complaining just about AeroGlass stopping to work and/or breaking W10 after the latest "update"... y'all also complain about it potentially hosing the system after a (still inexistent) forthcoming update? :crazy: @bigmuscle's got himself a fantastic bunch of users, or what? :unsure:

4 hours ago, dencorso said:

Now, instead of complaining just about AeroGlass stopping to work and/or breaking W10 after the latest "update"... y'all also complain about it potentially hosing the system after a (still inexistent) forthcoming update? :crazy: @bigmuscle's got himself a fantastic bunch of users, or what? :unsure:

Hi dencorso 

I'm sorry if you get offended or else , let me explain clearer why I posted such topic: 

- I choose that "imminent" term because 2004 isos are already available for some via msdn and bet people will try this early as they can for many people I guess 

- if you take all of my posts here since I'm registered to the forum , you will then notice I rarely complain about aeroglass and I highly respect BM to make it still functionnal ( you even find a funny post where I say time ago I found him very patient too ,  if I were him lol , I would have gave up for years to update AG  because as you pointed out , many users complain blabla after windows updates .

- I'm a high end user who like to mess with my rig for years ( not too old but not young since 1997 I started computing interest ) and I know how to be cautious or restore my whole system , but tis post was intended for those who complain ( seems you got it as one of them :/ ) 

- to summarize, it's not a complain post mostly because my main rig is stucked with 18362.628 :) so I already know with  AG 1.5.13 will work for years and I don't understand most of complaints here because it is ALWAYS a known thing updates break AG as usual but people keep posting for their own lol 

Be sure this post is certainly about windows update but not to complain, just to warn inexperienced people and related to recent topics where the dll replacement were told to make AG work these late months for late 1903 & 1909 builds who would think it is still a fix under 2004  and sorry if you took as it. 

Regards 

Edited by innuendo33

On 5/14/2020 at 12:20 AM, dencorso said:

Not sure how you think he complained. He said replacing dll files with older files will brick a system. That's not complaining. That's letting people know the work around is no longer working.

20 hours ago, innuendo33 said:

Be sure this post is certainly about windows update but not to complain, just to warn inexperienced people and related to recent topics where the dll replacement were told to make AG work these late months for late 1903 & 1909 builds who would think it is still a fix under 2004  and sorry if you took as it. 

Regards 

Thank you for the heads up. I learned how to replace the dill files and was just about to do it. I was just double-checking the forums to see if BM had posted an update. If I hadn't seen your post, I would have bricked my system.

Thanks for the heads up. I had uninstalled and delayed the update that originally broke aeroglass, and now I will delay it further.

I wonder if BigMuscle was waiting to do an update until the May update came through.  Those bigger biannual updates always break aeroglass.   It would of been counterproductive to fix it a few weeks ago, only to have it break again when this month's update rolls out.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:02 PM, Zod said:

Thanks for the heads up. I had uninstalled and delayed the update that originally broke aeroglass, and now I will delay it further.

I wonder if BigMuscle was waiting to do an update until the May update came through.  Those bigger biannual updates always break aeroglass.   It would of been counterproductive to fix it a few weeks ago, only to have it break again when this month's update rolls out.

Considering Big Muscle as a an high end user for a long time and so many aeroglass requests when OS breaks , I 'm pretty sure he is aware of that for many years now :) 

That said, he also have his life and as he said few time ago in covid situation I guess, he has other priorities to care about and it's highly understandable IMO