Remove all protections from windows millennium

ZaPbUzZ

Hi.

I want to remove all the protection from windows millennium.

I have ad it before it was a script job but i lost its details and lost contact to the person whom directed it to me.

Purpose is to remove system file protection and restore to apply revolutions pack.

I intend to replace it with SFC from windows 98se (I have done so before)

I believe it was on archive.org but I can't find it archive isn't included on google results for me

Just a warning to people whom use this info that windows millenniums core performance is unleashed using this

but you can easily damage your O.S. with obselete app dll's and etc if you don't use SFC from windows 98se.

Also where can I find the regclean.exe from microsoft? 

98LITE 4.7 can do magical things to windows Me by scripts but I just don't need to do some things it can do.

Edited by ZaPbUzZ

System file protection should not be a problem, perhaps you mean the version conflict manager. SFC from 98 should not make any difference unless it does not work I would think. I do not like automatic registry cleaners but I did not think there were any from Microsoft. https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/regcleaner.html link to RegCleanr.exe.  You could replace both files in the system and VCM folder off line and update the VCM module version numbers in registry after reboot. If system files need registering then that can be done too after reboot.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Removed reference to 2K because 2K may not boot afterwards if done what I mentioned.

53 minutes ago, Goodmaneuver said:

I do not like automatic registry cleaners but I did not think there were any from Microsoft

On 5/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, ZaPbUzZ said:

Also where can I find the regclean.exe from microsoft? 

REGCLEAN.7z

Grab it while you can, i'll probably remove it when i need quota for my next attachment.

Edited by RainyShadow

2 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

System file protection should not be a problem, perhaps you mean the version conflict manager. SFC from 98 should not make any difference unless it does not work I would think. I do not like automatic registry cleaners but I did not think there were any from Microsoft. https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/regcleaner.html link to RegCleanr.exe.  You could replace both files in the system and VCM folder off line and update the VCM module version numbers in registry after reboot. If system files need registering then that can be done too after reboot.

The Microsoft versions the one we lobbied for. It just covers initial registry issues and basically so many issues are prevented.

***for the novice reader***

NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY NT BASED SYSTEM OR WINDOWS 3.X and under. For windows 95, 98, 98se, and millennium only!

BE CAREFUL with regleaner from major geeks it can work TOO well and break your windows backbone! best used to help cleanup registry after software uninstall.

I recommend everyone get this MS program to use just after installing win 9x even millennium. Some authors link to it in their software such as the still non defunct Evidence Eliminator (who's author got attacked by thugs sad ending to security) I've used it for its secure magnetic underwriting feature to make deleted data wiped after writing zeros on under 60gb MBR  disks prior to running spinrite v5 or v6 for that factory new blank magnetic amplitude correct retro robustness of which my 1994 WD Caviar model 2250 got treated with 2 weeks ago after serving 5 years as an internet browser cache location for a giggle . (used a SATA to IDE adapter) it lives with me since 1994 my first windows 95 pc ran on that. (if any disk doesn't survive this its recycle time)

If anyones gonna run spinrite only on MBR disks 40gb and under is all i can recommend (non SATA and MBR only)

SFC is useful for windows millennium to keep track of changed files however upon initial use one must manually set backup location and search criteria.

I use occasionally to ensure my system files do not corrupt and their changes in WinMe. I want to find out how to auto schedule it but the point of disabling system file protection in windows millennium is to be able to patch visual styles and give the user some extra cpu cycles for productivity. I have a virtual machine with it applied but I lost the location of the scripts to apply they are simular to litepc's Internet Explorer uninstaller (for that retrozilla only desktop.)

Heres the link to remove internet explorer from windows 9x with IEradicator by litepc

Note: the dll of internet explorer remains for desktop use.

Edited by ZaPbUzZ
Additional information