this program is broken on the newest W10 build?

so i came across this by doing a google search. from my understanding this program is broken on the newest W10 build.  when it is fixed, will it give the same look and feel as W7 glass effects?

If so i would gladly pay for something like this even if its 80% of the W7 look and feel. has anyone ever had a problem with activation? what if i reformat PC? I dont mind supporting devs at all. My google account since the S2 has accumulated over 6K spent.

Can anyone give me their personal experience using this program?

Edited by Tripredacus
topic title

Hi,
The activation was always fine, no problems with that. You must register to a specific computer and you are allowed to change this registration every couple of months. Or just donate more and have more computer registrations.
Remember not to install to the Program Files folder, because it has some strict permissions set.
Currently the newest Windows 10 build unfortunately changed some system files, and the developer has to update AeroGlass acordingly, but I believe, that will work again soon.
The look and feel is far better than default Windows 10 and you can make it look like Windows 7 or anything else, you just have to pick the right theme atlas resources, which you can find on this forum (and it is not always easy to find it and install it). See this thread, i think the most compatible themes are the most recently added 

3 hours ago, Commander238 said:

Remember not to install to the Program Files folder, because it has some strict permissions set.

Thank you for the replies! So don't install to C\: windows program files? or program files (x86)? So where should it be installed? Also thank you for thsi Atlas theme. I bookmarked it for when this program works.

Edit< I understand c\ aero

Edited by xXBROKENXx

On 5/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, xXBROKENXx said:

Thank you for the replies! So don't install to C\: windows program files? or program files (x86)? So where should it be installed? Also thank you for thsi Atlas theme. I bookmarked it for when this program works.

Edit< I understand c\ aero

i just went with the default C:\aeroglass folder and for now the app is not working due to few .dll files being updated on the latest security update.

if you are brave enough, you could restore those dll files manually to their previous versions. or you could wait until the 2004 update lands and Bigmuscle updates glass8 for that build.

as Commander238 pointed out, this app is registered to your unique HW key and it should work with even if you went crazy and downgraded to windows 8.1 or something like that.

long as you keep that key file inside the aeroglass folder, everything should remain working and activated.

15 hours ago, atomi said:

i just went with the default C:\aeroglass folder and for now the app is not working due to few .dll files being updated on the latest security update.

if you are brave enough, you could restore those dll files manually to their previous versions. or you could wait until the 2004 update lands and Bigmuscle updates glass8 for that build.

as Commander238 pointed out, this app is registered to your unique HW key and it should work with even if you went crazy and downgraded to windows 8.1 or something like that.

long as you keep that key file inside the aeroglass folder, everything should remain working and activated.

is there a guide i can follow to replace the dll files as well as downloading them?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 2:01 AM, xXBROKENXx said:

is there a guide i can follow to replace the dll files as well as downloading them?

This post has everything you need to proceed, but remember that this only works with current 1909 builds. 

There are a reports that if you try this on the new 2004 build, then the system doesn't work and you need to reset your computer or at least try to put the original files back. 

For the new 2004 build, our only way is to wait until bigmuscle releases compatible version for it.